List of Montreal Props?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by VielGeld, Mar 16, 2012.

1. VielGeld

VielGeld

^ Thanks! Right on it.

#71     Mar 28, 2012
  2. VielGeld

VielGeld

I think I might just list my future experience(s) with Montreal prop firms here, for the benefit of future newbies.

Anyway, about to add a couple new names to the first post for documentation purposes.

Now:

WTS: Legit firm in Montreal's financial district, close to the Orange metro line, as well as the Stock Exchange building. Good part of town, I like it. The WTS offices are clean and well lit, and there's a good 30+ trading setups in the main room with CNBC in the background.

They have their own strat that their traders trade, and fees/payout seems good/ok for what it is. $1000 for 30h training + on-the-job support. Money's given back if you don't blow up after a year, so it might count as a risk deposit.

Not for you if you're looking to trade your own strat, but might be worth it if you're looking to learn DoM/Level II/etc. and see what's what. Their bad rep seems to come from their US counterpart or something.

And that's my view of WTS. Others to come up later as I check e'm out.

#72     Mar 28, 2012
  3. Reload

Reload

Thanks for the comments!

I am trying to contact and visit them recently, but their website seems down? what happens? Could anyone kindly post their contact info please? :confused: :confused:

#73     Apr 8, 2012
  4. akakalvin

akakalvin

So anyone interested in trading in MTL, PM me.

#74     Apr 9, 2012
  5. I am interested. But I can't use pm function since I am quite new to this forum.

Could you please kindly send me a mail with your contact info(tel, address....) and fee structure to ruelorimier_at_gmail.com? Thanks.

#75     Apr 10, 2012
  6. akakalvin

akakalvin

You must not be a trader if you're new to this forum. PM your contact info and we'll go from there.
    Merci.
    No.

#76     Apr 10, 2012
  7. (Just bored on a Sunday)

Curious as to whether anything came of your searches?

Don

#77     Jun 3, 2012
  8. VielGeld

VielGeld

^ Postponed until September for the most part. Thanks for asking, though.

I figured I'd best accumulate capital over the summer, then give prop a shot in the fall. In the meantime I can get peripheral info on the firms around here, though I'm a bit edgy about going for interviews since I wouldn't start right away and they might not like that or something.

I wish I could also build up trading exp. during the summer, but my work hours aren't good for that. The Asian session is also **** these days (as a guy who doesn't have easy access to better software/brokers) so nothing to do but make end-of-day summaries of market activity and ****ty swing trades.

I'll keep ya'll up to date if it's something of interest, though. :)

#78     Jun 4, 2012
  9. VielGeld

VielGeld

I am once again on the lookout for firms, though I might as well add that anything anywhere that is legit and has people who know what they're doing is good enough for me. Forget about trading, I really just want to meet/get to know people who know what's what.

That said, I've been looking into Maverick Trading, and I'm getting mixed signals. On the one hand, it's a reputable firm that will teach you Options trading, etc. On the other hand, they are shills selling education with a website designed to draw in newbies.

I'm currently leaning towards the latter. Any opinions?

#79     Nov 19, 2012
  10. seadog

seadog

What products do you want to trade?

#80     Nov 19, 2012