List of Montreal Props?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by VielGeld, Mar 16, 2012.

1. Maverick74

Maverick74

Once again you come up short on facts. Every one of these firms hire kids right out of school with no experience and no track record. In fact, that is the norm. These firms are not interested in "re-training" you or getting you to unlearn your bad habits.

All these firms have "manual" traders as well as algorithmic traders. Are these firms "selective"? Well, let me ask you this. Do super models f*ck short bald fat guys? Not on average they don't.

#21     Mar 17, 2012
  2. tradingmanuals

tradingmanuals Guest

They have training program. all prop have training program but 80% of the job now is computer programming jobs with knowledge of C+++ this is not the 80's or even 70's anymore. In order to programm C++ you need to go to college and is very complex program.

the days of trading in the chicago trading pits with hand signals is over. it's fully computer automation. unless you are profitable trader they are not interested.

#22     Mar 17, 2012
  3. Maverick74 nice list, do you have one for Mtl hehehe

#23     Mar 17, 2012
  4. Maverick74

Maverick74

Is English your 3rd language? None of the firms listed are floor trading firms. Thanks for allowing me to update my Mayan calendar. I thought we were still in the 70's. LOL.

You finally are correct about one thing though. College helps. Not just at getting a job at a trading firm but even getting a job at Sears.

Look buddy, it's obvious you have no idea what you are talking about. I don't want to hijack this thread. I simply wanted to put some info out there. To sum up, there are plenty of prop firms. All of them are hiring. There are also plenty of firms like Bright who will take your money.

If you think guys are making a living in a retail account trading then you probably also believe super models are sleeping with short bald fat guys. I can lead to the creek but I can't make you drink the water.

#24     Mar 17, 2012
  5. Maverick74

Maverick74

If I'm not mistaken, someone posted a list of prop firms in Montreal awhile back. You should be able to find it under a search.

#25     Mar 17, 2012
  6. Why do they need manual traders? Why not automate?

ES

#26     Mar 17, 2012
  7. Maverick74

Maverick74

Who? You are asking a broad question. These firms are all very different and trade different markets. No two firms are the same. So "who" in particular are you asking about? All these firms have different business models. You need to be more specific.

#27     Mar 17, 2012
  8. traderchi128

traderchi128 Guest

Why

Do

You

Bother?

This guys is beyond clueless. I love how he believes profitable traders should trade retail and not go to a big firm where one can get big capital backing, access to top technology/analysts, and work with other top traders.

Nah..he's right....the good traders should stay at home and trade 5 lots of Russell futures in a t-shirt and sweat pants.

Gotta love ET.........

#28     Mar 17, 2012
  9. Maverick74

Maverick74

Some guys give to their church. Some guys shave their heads and move to Tibet. I like to give back to ET. :)

#29     Mar 17, 2012
  10. Before I continue...

Do you believe that any manual method can be automated?

ES

#30     Mar 18, 2012