List of Montreal Props?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by VielGeld, Mar 16, 2012.

1. VielGeld

VielGeld

Nice discussion, though with polar opposites in terms of opinion it seems.

I've no idea who's right and who's wrong, so I'll just find out for myself.

That said, anything more about firms in Montreal in particular?

#11     Mar 17, 2012
  2. Hey,

I'm located in downtown Mtl and I just saw your post. Anyone in this forum have a contact with a props in Mtl? I'm interested in doing a financial engineering master but not sure of my decision. Maybe viewing how the trading business is done in a firm could help me take a decision.

Thanks

#12     Mar 17, 2012
  3. tradingmanuals

tradingmanuals Guest

bright uses Goldman Sachs as their clearing firm and they make lots of money from commissions that these 'prop trader' bring in. it's niche business for goldman sachs and other broker/dealers as daytraders or prop traders bring a lot commissions or profits that are risk free.

And with bright they used to require deposit of $25,000. the props that don't require any deposit are more selective who they hire or recruit.

maverick and don are in selling prop as that is their 'niche business' as there are traders that want 10:1 leverage or more. retail only gives you 4:1

For the exchange, they don't if you are a prop trader or retail trader. it makes no difference.

maverick and don live in this site and are sponsors so they have commercial or profit interest in promoting prop trading.

it's my opinion from prop firm managers I've met. the prop operator makes money on software fee markup and commission markup. and get percentage of profits.

maverick thinks I'm making things up. I have no financial reason to lie.

#13     Mar 17, 2012
  4. tradingmanuals

tradingmanuals Guest

infinium used to have an operation in toronto. but they jobs are very competitive. with these prop jobs,,,the trader is an 'employee; and strictly trading firm capital..base salary plus bonus.

#14     Mar 17, 2012
  5. Maverick74

Maverick74

I didn't say you were making things up. You just don't have the facts. And btw, I'm not a sponsor on this site nor do I run a prop firm. I have nothing to "sell" as you put it. What I do have is over a decade of experience in this industry. I've traded prop in New York and Chicago. I'm a former floor member of the CBOT and worked with one of the largest market making firms in Chicago.

One of the pet peeves I have is bullshit. I have an allergic reaction to it when I read it on this site and the only cure for it is to respond to the bullshit with facts. So when you posted, I had one of those allergic reactions. Now that I have put the facts back on this thread, the symptoms have gone away. I feel better now. Thanks.

#15     Mar 17, 2012
  6. tradingmanuals

tradingmanuals Guest

Name the firms in Chicago that hirin prop traders that don't require any deposit?

Would I deposit money to some unknown person or business in Chicago with no SIPC insurance? Many of these are just trading firms made up of individuals who have a partnership or LLC account at broker dealer.

The prop you are referring to is bright trading or the dozens who want deposit which is same as retail brokerage.

I don't even want argue about with you why you would be offended by my comments or opinions about prop trading industry. it's not even an industry cause it's so small. You say I'm shooting blanks..why don't give some facts of the industry and names of the prop firms you are referring?

The fact real prop trading desk where a trader doesn't require any capital deposit has lots of applicants and these days you need some computer progamming. because a lot of daytrading has become automated with HFT programs or automated systems.

#16     Mar 17, 2012
  7. tradingmanuals

tradingmanuals Guest

#17     Mar 17, 2012
  8. tradingmanuals

tradingmanuals Guest

you are an industry professional than you should know. the industry has changed. retail traders at speedtrader has same software or daytrading leverage and low commissions as broker/dealer prop traders. the industry changed after 2000 if yoiu haven't noticed..it's all computers. and floor trading is obsolete..

#18     Mar 17, 2012
  9. Maverick74

Maverick74

DRW
    Chopper
    Transmarket Group
    Geneva
    Spot Trading
    Peak 6
    Hanley Group
    Breakwater
    Button Wood
    Blue Fin
    Gelber
    HTG
    Allston
    Archelon
    Belvedere Trading
    CTC
    DV Trading
    Eldorado Trading
    GGT Trading
    Group One
    Cutler
    Hard Eight
    IMC
    DE Trading
    Jane Street
    L.E.S
    Marquette Partners
    Toro
    Tower Hill
    Traditum
    WH Trading
    Wolverine

How are them apples?

#19     Mar 17, 2012
  10. tradingmanuals

tradingmanuals Guest

Those are employee jobs and all want you to have "profitable" track record an have some computer programming or engineering as many of the daytrading is now all HFT. The only manual trading is handling customer orders. And if you have a trading strategy, they'll just automated with computer program.

I'm just say that profitable traders has no need to work for any firm. These firms want your algorithm if your system is producing big profits. Some programmers don't even give the trading firm their code. Don't give the firm your code or system or they won't need you.

Has anyone appllied to their one job postings or gotten a job offer from these firms or even reply after sending them your profitable resume?

#20     Mar 17, 2012