list of filters

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by travis, Jul 14, 2009.

1. thats fine; its the end results that matter.....are you trading stocks only? The signals that may be useful vary based on product traded.

#21     Jul 16, 2009
  2. travis

travis

Well, the system I posted (with report and Easylanguage code) is based on the EUR (forex future), and that's all I am focused on right now.

#22     Jul 16, 2009
  3. hmm, well the key to building any signal set is to define what moves that market....for the currencies futures you could monitor the ICE listed dollar index future and the Yen, Eur, and Pound CME futures. From there you could grab the historical data, compute realized volatilities, find the average volatility, then construct a signal to trade when the daily volatility is higher or lower than some average in any of the futures assuming there is some daily correlation (you should compute that too).

#23     Jul 16, 2009
  4. dmabe

dmabe

Check out Trade-Ideas. The filter list they have is extensive and contains probably any filter you'd need to use. Here's their filter list.

There are a lot of folks using it for reversion to mean strategies like the ones you're talking about.

#24     Jul 16, 2009
  5. travis

travis

Thank you both for your help.

#25     Jul 16, 2009
  6. edbar

edbar

Something I have built into my intraday-daytrading system is the EMINIS (S&P 500 Futures Contact).

The Eminis must be going up during the last 1 minute for a Long and down for a Short.

It is a leading indicator.

Ed

#26     Jul 18, 2009
  7. Eight

Eight

Filtering by volatility trapping is useful. Just use your favorite volatility measurement like Bollinger bands for example. If the volatility is falling then the potential for gain from the trade is falling. If the bands are widening there is some chance that price will initiate a trend that you can exploit.

#27     Jul 18, 2009