List of ALL ForEx Brokers

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by Iconoclast, Aug 19, 2006.

1. I bet there's probably 3 maybe 4 worth a damn.

#21     Jan 11, 2008
  2. tom123

tom123

Hello to all. I'm very glad to have stumbled on this great web site (elite traders),and I want to thank everyone who contributes here,in advance, for the time they put in to share thoughts and help each other. I cant tell you how valuable all this info is to me as I'm just starting out on what looks like a Long road to learning about forex trading.I almost dont know where to begin, but at least in this thread, can I ask you for your advise/opinion on what brokers (or websites) would be a good start for me to download and begin the practice trading..... thats one thing I'm interested in doing now.Here in this thread,I see a list of 150 + brokers....geez, where's a good place to start,simply for downloading the better Free software,is it free? I dont even know this much.but I want to start practicing as I study.

I could go on more, but I want to keep it simple and just say thanks for any help pointing me in a good direction .
    My first exposure to forex has been the 4 x made easy stuff,and I'm discovering that seems to have a bad reputation among experts,so I'm searching for guidance now.
    thanks again,
    Tom

#22     Jan 26, 2008
  3. Guidance, you came to the wrong place. No guidance here, just a lot of people who will tell what to do and how to do it.

Good luck man

#23     Jan 28, 2008
  4. So I notied a few Cyprus based shops. As a US Citizen, is opening a scalp strategy accoutn with one of these shops a good idea?

#24     Jan 28, 2008
  5. tom123

tom123

Well, by 'guidance' ....I mean ,yes,tell me what youve done, what software you like,what you think is the best first steps for a beginner. .what did you do in the beginning that turned out to be a good path of study and training.
    etc etc....
    I'm reading tons of posts here and other places....trying to see what people think of different things.
    So far, it all looks like a mixed bag, about everything. some like Oanda,others dont. some like IB ,others dont. I'll never benefit from expert opinions this way.

Maybe i should ask a specific question....here's what is on my current mind.....

is there a difference in the real world trading versus the practice paper trading ? specifically, something about lag time, slippage, order processing time delays....whatever its called....something that causes pip differences between the results you get when practice trading versus what happens in the real world trading....something unpleasant that the broker and software sellers dont tell you when they advertise for your business....??

thanks again.

#25     Jan 28, 2008
  6. ThomasS

ThomasS

How to choose the right Forex broker.
    As all of you, over the years of trading forex with different brokers I went throw a lot of different problems connected to forex brokers behaviour, manipulations and stability.
    I was hit by Refco, when they went down, some of my friends lost their money when Swiss forex brokers have been closed by the SFBC. With one broker I had a long fight for my profit, when they told me that my trading style is not meeting their criteria, at the end they paid everything out, but it took a very long time and a lot of nerves for me to get my money. With another one I had an account just one week, because they were heavily manipulating the market and fishing my stop orders.
    After all these stories I was spending more and more time to find the right broker by searching forums, ranking lists and reviews because there is no better information than to know what customers say about their experiences. But the problems I found is
    1. When you check forums, you can find only complains (if something positive written, then it is 100% promotion)
    2. Most rankings and reviews list a commercial product and many of them write positive reviews and publish brokers who are paying for advertisements
    3. There are too many forums and to many ranking pages and every time it´s taking more and more time to find and analyze correct information.
    4. There are new brokers appearing on the market every month and to find them and to find information about them is quit complicated.

This reason brought the idea to create a non-commercial open web-portal www.allforex.eu which I have made together with my friends for you and for ourself, we have made a deep research and collected the information on more then 150 brokers and created a comfortable search engine and comparing engine to make the process of finding the right broker which meets your needs easier. If you know brokers who are not in the list please suggest them on our page, also if you have a good or bad experience with some of the brokers who are listed there, please write comments. As I said this is a non-commercial project, so you don’t have to register and give your information about yourself. Lets us make it happen to know the truth about brokers.

#26     Feb 14, 2008