List of 5 Traders Worth Studying

Discussion in 'Trading' started by fxpeculator, Feb 26, 2006.

1. whats the argument against an actual kidnapping, considering he is known to be secretive?

#51     Mar 11, 2006
  2. myongsun

myongsun

1. james keene
    2. arthur cutten
    3. james gould
    4. chimpanzee
    5. my grandma

lol...
    :D

#52     Mar 12, 2006
  3. scenic58

scenic58

Have just checked out the ChartPattern website. The one area I did'nt like was the past performance area.

"Disclaimer: The trades listed below show some of the best recent winning picks to illustrate the types of explosive moves predicted in The Zanger Report newsletter............ The trades listed below do not represent actual exit prices or realized profits, but merely the "total moves" as stated from The Zanger Report buy point. Certainly there were losers during these time frames, but we keep stops at $1 and the gains made by these winning stocks certainly outweighs the losses."

If that is really the case why not include a full track record then?

#53     Apr 4, 2006
  4. I don't know about you guys, but I am only interested in my own profits.
    :cool:

#54     Apr 4, 2006
  5. scenic58

scenic58

Fully agree, but if you have a site offering a trading service to subscribers should that site not be bound to be totally honest about exactly what it is selling?

Or am I being naive in this financial jungle where honesty is as rare as the proverbial hen's tooth?

#55     Apr 4, 2006
  6. fhl

fhl

This is super-duper secret information. I could tell you, but then I would have to ___ you!

#56     Apr 4, 2006
  7. The 6th trader worth studying is, as two or three mentioned, oneself. Making 10, 20, 30 million dollars is absolutely possible for everyone here, through trading. If you have a great life, does it matter if you are a billionaire or not?

Trading is an occupation one can carry on until they moment they expire. It can be done from anywhere in the world, at any time. One can spend 12 hours a day trading, or 2 and get phenomenal results.

What does George Soros have to do with a beginning trader learning the discipline of honoring his/her stops? Maybe that they should have them, but everyone thinks they know that. The ones who truly know are the ones doing it. To know and not to do is not to know.

Reading a bio of those 5 top traders may entertain the emotions and inspire the idea of possibility for many traders. But those bios have nothing to do with acquiring the skill it takes to be a trader, a professional, career money making trader. That can only be done by studying oneself, and figuring out for oneself how to acquire the skills it takes to make money as a professional.

Many top professionals in any field cannot explain how they do things, and are very difficult to learn from. Such highly developed skill can only be explained by performing the skill, there are no words to describe all of the actions it takes to perform at this high level.

So its up to each individual to choose greatness him/herself, and look to themselves for how to become better.

In short, if you are going to look up to any trader, look up to yourself. The best trader you really know is you anyway.

#57     Apr 14, 2006
  8. It will be 13 years ago this last christmas, that I started my training with a gentleman who (in retrospect) was a true professional. He combined vast experience, with mature judgement. He was self possessed and calm during the most turbulent of times. What set him apart from other professionals I have worked with was his sense of humor.

I had the good luck to work in an office with this gentleman and five colleagues, all gone now. They came from old name firms like Solomon, and from old line brokerages like Gelderman. Their names wouldn't ring a bell here, as they were inclined to keep a low profile. They taught me to take care of business, and my family and I feel very fortunate to have known them.

Good luck everyone with your search.

Steve

#58     Apr 14, 2006
  9. Not sure why everyone thinks of Soros as purely a currency speculator. He traded stocks, index futures, options... even did some private equity stuff in Russia.

Incidentally, he gave back more than half of his gains from the BOE trade in the year subsequent to that... trading the GBP from the wrong direction.

Still - he's the best of our time (though perhaps tied with Steve Cohen). Like most pioneers, however, nobody will ever get rich the same way he did. Today's markets are much too efficient and transparent.

#59     Apr 14, 2006
  10. 1. WD Gann
    2. Victor Niederhoffer
    3. Nicholas Taleb
    4. Jack Hershey
    5. Connie Brown

#60     Apr 14, 2006