List of 5 Traders Worth Studying

Discussion in 'Trading' started by fxpeculator, Feb 26, 2006.

1. I cant believe paul tudor jones has yet to be mentioned. 5 straight years of triple digit returns (while managing hundreds of millions) merits consideration for the top 5

#31     Feb 27, 2006
  2. All the good ones.

#32     Feb 27, 2006
  3. The bigger tha scam (edge) the more likely you will not be hearing about it.

#33     Feb 27, 2006
  4. mahras2

mahras2

Even without that 5 straight years, he is worth a few hundred times Dan Z.'s worth.

#34     Feb 27, 2006
  5. The top of the leader board in today's markets for consistency and results is by far PTJ (Tudor) and SAC (Cohen) these two are by far the undisputed champs of the trading world.

#35     Feb 28, 2006
  6. Some of you that are bashing Zanger are missing a strong differentiation when looking at his net worth: He doesn't manage a fund and is an independent trader which makes him that much more admirable. His trading has no information flow premium, bullying the market, or insider connection premium, it is just raw talent. The only flaw I see with Zanger is he trades overwhlemingly from the long side based on my understadning. But most people lost their shirts during the bubble, Zanger still has a sweater! I think Kovner is the most brilliant of the bunch.

#36     Mar 1, 2006
  7. Congratulations, it appears that you're member of the elite minority here who actually have a brain.

Hey, but why bother posting here? Obviously, the majority of "traders" here prefer to dream about what it would be like to have a billion rather than actually learn how to make a couple of millions from a guy who walked the talk and openly presents his view of the market unlike Soros etc.

#37     Mar 1, 2006
  8. Paul Rotter deserves a mention.

#38     Mar 1, 2006
  9. radolym

radolym

Well said...

Let's read the name of the post again: "List of 5 traders worth studying". Zanger is definetly one of them, at least you can study his style.

#39     Mar 1, 2006
  10. mhashe

mhashe

The problem with pikers who live in dreamland is they'll never wake up to reality, Dan Zangers trading style is something pikers who frequent this board can make real money with. Unlike the rest of the mentions who made most of their money by collecting fees on their funds. It's mathematically impossible to do what he did, turn $10K into $40 mil , I'd be happy if I could do 1/10 th of that. Another guy I admire would be Jim Rogers, as far as I know he made most of his money himself. Just another pikers .02 rant.

#40     Mar 1, 2006