List of 5 Traders Worth Studying

Discussion in 'Trading' started by fxpeculator, Feb 26, 2006.

1. I am not a subscriber and never have subscribed to his newsletter.

I'm trading my strategy independent from outside market related opinions.

I've built my approach heavily upon a few stories printed in Traders' Mag (which you can download for free from his site, btw.)

#21     Feb 27, 2006
    #22     Feb 27, 2006
  3. syrre

syrre

What about Paul Rotter

#23     Feb 27, 2006
  4. Does not sound like you are trading any system developed by Dan Zanger. You read a few free articles and adapted something you read to your own approach. Lots of articles spawn ideas of adapting techniques to your own approach and style. Does not make Dan a great trader at all, more a reflection of your own skill.

#24     Feb 27, 2006
  5. Aye, laddie, there's the rub. The traders we could learn the most from are the ones who don't have trading web sites, don't conduct expensive trading seminars and have not written "how-to" books. Therefore, I think that the more serious your question is, the more hypothetical it becomes.

#25     Feb 27, 2006
  6. fixed income guys (and anoyne who uses TT) know Brumfield. Older brother owned the pits and now owns TT. Hardy Brumfield now owns the TY on the screen.

#26     Feb 27, 2006
  7. Nobody owns the TY on any screen, every trader lives in fear of "them," There is always sombody bigger who will take you out of the business when you think you "own" the market. Hell, I bet even Brumfield wouldn't say he "owns" the ten year.

#27     Feb 27, 2006
  8. achilles28

achilles28

Can you give us the broad strokes of your strategy? Nothing specific, just general concepts?

#28     Feb 27, 2006
  9. achilles28

achilles28

Exactly. Another poster said it best: the 25 below (or above) are the ones we know nothing about.

Exploiting the element of surprise/secrecy can make the difference between winning and losing in the markets - especially if you're amassing fortunes.

#29     Feb 27, 2006
  10. True 98% of the time but 2% of the time you can find a greater teacher/trader.

It took me awhile (3yrs) but I did find ONE.

#30     Feb 27, 2006