List of 5 Traders Worth Studying

Discussion in 'Trading' started by fxpeculator, Feb 26, 2006.

1. Meriwether? Arnold? Tudor?

#121     Jan 8, 2009
  2. A little off topic, but if you want to study Soros, you probably don't want to read his books. Terrible author in my opinion. A professional ghost writer would work wonders on his material. Stick with what you know, George.

Having said that, The Crisis of Global Capitalism was an interesting read for me. He mentions his disdain for derivatives, swaps, and forward transactions that are not on registered exchanges (think credit default swaps) and their potential for damage to a fundamentally flawed theory of financial markets (remember the flaw Greenspan "found"). The book was published in 1998.

Something else I found interesting. Soros claimed that he doesn't know much about derivatives and that beta, gamma and delta are just Greek letters to him. How could that be true? I know currency is his cash cow, but with his success and experience, how could he not be an expert in derivatives? Or, at least, pretty damn good with them.

#122     Jan 8, 2009
  3. tradersboredom

tradersboredom Guest

the transactions are not registered on teh exhanges 'cause it' outside of SEC jurisiction.

transactions in dark pools traded outside of exchanges are 'private transactions'.

i don't see how the SEC or financial regulators would let these LARGE transactions not regulated like CD swaps etc.

reason is regulators would shut them down if they knew what they were doing.

#123     Jan 8, 2009
  4. tradersboredom

tradersboredom Guest

the fact that the SEC doesn't even audit brokers/market makers books and bank statements that they actually have client cash and shares.

you don't even need sipc if they were audited every month.

#124     Jan 8, 2009
  5. bighog

bighog Guest

Da KIng

Never forget watching King of Rock and roll on Ed Sullivan show.

Surely remember that day Jan 8 1977 when he checked out embalmed as he was even before death. There will never again be such a superstar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0XT-0lfEK8&feature=related

Who will catch the error?

#125     Jan 8, 2009
  6. aradiel

aradiel

Never heard of that, does any of his books talk about this matter?

#126     May 1, 2009
  7. Sounds strange...He is and was a long-term investor - never a trader.

#127     May 8, 2009
  8. Tradex

Tradex

Absolutely, there must 1000's and 1000's of top traders out there, all keeping a low profile and compounding their profits quietly ... :cool:

#128     Jun 11, 2020
    apdxyk likes this.
  9. Sorry if already posted.

This guy is the best I have seen. Not much on YouTube because I think he has it all private, but enough to learn a lot and to get a few laffs, assuming you have a sense of humor.

This one is really good. I have watched his stuff repeatedly since I found him a couple of weeks ago.

#129     Jun 12, 2020
    toucan likes this.
  10. Ytintod

Ytintod

Thanks for the list. I agree with this and I think studying them will help traders to gain knowledge to a great extent.

#130     Jun 16, 2020