Liquidity Trader. Need Help.

Discussion in 'Trading' started by New_Trader01, Sep 4, 2002.

1. AXIS

AXIS

Too late, they're spoiled.:cool:

#41     Sep 8, 2002
  2. I am interested to see if the debut of Supermontage has the effect described by Banker, it wouldn't bother me one bit. In fact I am looking forward to it in the hopes that it may in fact create a whole new world of opportunity.... should be interesting.

I wish I knew what direction things were going to take so that I could capitalize early. I just hope that it doesn't mean that every trade is going to cost $2.5 per 1000 shares and the total disappearence of any liquidity credits. It really pissed me off when the Nasdaq changed their fee structure on SuperSoes. It used to be so nice when you could Soes into a position for $.50, what a gift that was! What are the greedy bastards at NASD doing with all that cash from the fees now anyways? :mad:

#42     Sep 8, 2002
  3. machine

machine

wasn't that just $0.10? And yes, it was soo cool to swipe the level with 10k shares, then dump it to some sucker and reverse the position to make another 5 -10 pennies. Now it's just a mess, garbage market.

#43     Sep 9, 2002
  4. Rigel

Rigel

Used cars = "Pre-owned vehicles"

Churning = "Liquidity trading"

:p

#44     Sep 9, 2002
  5. machine

machine

Right on!:D

#45     Sep 9, 2002
  6. Let's not forget fellas.... some people have made a shit load of $$$$ dealing used cars!!:p

#46     Sep 9, 2002
  7. hans130

hans130

Do liquidity traders get charged per trade or per execution fee?

Also is liquidity trading available to prop traders or is it also available for retail traders?

Hans

#47     Sep 9, 2002
  8. I'd be careful if joining a firm offering liquidity rebates. Make sure they don't offer more than they can afford to pay as a rebate. I've got friends that used to trade on LSPD over at Tradescape who are still owed for past rebates. I'd say 40 guys who are owed on average 30,000 each. Make sure the firm has integrity is all I'm saying.

#48     Dec 23, 2002
  9. Liquitidy rebates are around $4-5 per thousand shares depending on the firm and ecn you use. Usually the idea of trading rebates is getting scaled economies as you get charged the same exec fee on larger trades.

#49     Oct 30, 2006
  10. That was a mjor thread bump! Last post was 12-23-02 04:39 PM

[​IMG]

Please, I'm not a daytrader, I'm an "Intraday Liquidity Provider"

1-888-TRADEUP

#50     Oct 30, 2006