Liquidity Trader. Need Help.

Discussion in 'Trading' started by New_Trader01, Sep 4, 2002.

1. We've been aware of the practice for some time now, we just didn't (and still don't for sure) see the positive benefits to the traders who practice it. As far as rates go, we are always competitive.

Since we don't ever pay or charge ECN fees, it's simply another avenue to approach.

Good Luck...

Don

#11     Sep 4, 2002
  2. Steve72

Steve72

Don't you mean pound the 'wholesale' keys buddy? IE buy at the bid and sell at the offer for the rebates equals anything but 'retail keys' to me.

#12     Sep 4, 2002
  3. Kill em' with kindness eh Donny!

One thing I like about you Mr. Bright is that you don't engage in fruitless adversarial sparring. Just put a positive spin on her and move on. Sign of a truly good salesman, love that Vegas charm.

Your statement about the ECN credits is exactly my point however, ECN CREDITS ARE WHAT LIQUIDITY TRADING IS ALL ABOUT. Bright will obviously have to change that if it wants any liquidity traders.

So, as from you to me... Good Luck!

MACD

:D

#13     Sep 4, 2002
  4. I will qualify my response by stating that I did once work for Swifttrade as a prop. . I no longer do so and have no interest in promoting the firm. I no longer work there for personal reasons, turns out I'm a tough guy to get along ( guess my teachers were right about "not playing well with other children").

At any rate the office I worked at was consistently a top producing branch and Toronto is not indicative of the whole firm. As much as I am loath to admit it, the prop. program at Swift has been quite successful despite itself.

Your take on the compensation thing made me howl! As much as I am sure that the powers that be at Swifttrade would love to pay all their props. a $20 / day salary and all the free tap water they could drink, you are way out on the compensation plan. Not to mention the fact that they wouldn't dream of giving the props a 50/50 split of the profits.

Hey Strange, why don't I get you a commission deal that is significantly less than .01 per share and we'll have the difference credited to my account. That way I won't have to try and make a living with my woefully inadequate trading skills. In fact, I'll probably never have to work again!

Do you spend time wandering around stores looking for under-priced items and then taking them up to the cashier and offering to pay 50% more than the stated price.

Boy, would I ever like to be your broker/dealer... hey Don you better see if you can get this guy to come over to Bright bros.

MACD:p

#14     Sep 4, 2002
  5. Right on. As much as is possible without sacrificing quality, of course. Certainly don't pay for what you don't use or need.

#15     Sep 5, 2002
  6. Just want to say that that's about my all time favorite handle. Very droll.

#16     Sep 5, 2002
  7. trader963, what we really want to know, is what happened to the 962 traders that came before you?

#17     Sep 5, 2002
  8. Yo Chas, thanks, and glad to hear you be like in my handle Homes. The b-atches like it too!

MACDaddy:cool:

#18     Sep 5, 2002
  9. true...true.:cool:

#19     Sep 5, 2002
  10. Same thing with the 776 before you.:p

#20     Sep 7, 2002