Liquidity on ECN-type FX exchanges

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by Shafii, May 5, 2006.

1. JayS

JayS

If you added futures trading to all CME, CBOT, NYMEX electronic products along with the ability to trade 24 hrs/day (not the limited time you have now) I would be interested in your firm.

Plans for any of the above?

#21     May 5, 2006
  2. MBT-Steve

MBT-Steve Sponsor

Roberk,

I am here to help so if you ever need assistance please let me know. I look forward to having you come aboard.

Regards,

Steve

#22     May 5, 2006
  3. MBT-Steve

MBT-Steve Sponsor

JS,

Unfortunately we will not be trading any of the deliverables. Also, we are dark the 8 hours with very little liquidity. Can I ask a favor of you to check if you trade between the hours of 8pm EST and 4am EST. We noticed there is very little trading during those hours so we have never had much of a demand to offer trading during that time. I would be happy to look into expanding the hours if in fact you would think that you would really need those hours to trade in. I am not opposed to offering that.

Regards,

Steve

#23     May 5, 2006
  4. JayS

JayS

From time to time I need to offset positions overnight. Maybe once or twice a week, with so few contracts that you offer I can see how its not worthwile to add overnight staff. With the new NYMEX/CME oil they are going to have a cash settled contract (+ a physical later down the road), will you offer it?

#24     May 5, 2006
  5. MBT-Steve

MBT-Steve Sponsor

Yes.......I think so.

#25     May 5, 2006
  6. traderob

traderob

Dear Steve,
    The commision, is that both sides or one side?And I assume you are open 24 hours/day for forex?

I just found out I have to wire in the money which is a one hour hassle for me - living in Japan- I hate waiting in Banks, and the wire fees are high.
    I was going to use my credit card and send a couple of thousand while sitting in front of my computer.
    I guess I can take my girlfriend out at the same time, buy her a dress or something, that always brings a bonus:)

#26     May 5, 2006
  7. w99

w99

Steve:

I understand that MBT FX doesn't pay interest on customer funds. If this can be improved upon, your ECN offering will become more competitive against IB's.

#27     May 6, 2006
  8. gowron8

gowron8

Maybe I'm missing something but forex traders can't trade London Open (3am est) at MBT?

#28     May 6, 2006
  9. MBT-Steve

MBT-Steve Sponsor

gowron....

Are you referring to forex? MBT is open for trading 24 hours with the exception of a couple of minutes at rollover (5pm EST) and a couple of minutes at maintenance (midnight EST)

Regards,

Steve

#29     May 6, 2006
  10. MBT-Steve

MBT-Steve Sponsor

Roberk,

There is a charge anytime currency is traded. So yes, when a buy or a sell. We are open 24 hours and the way to fund the account is via wire or check. Sorry no credit cards.

Regards,

Steve

#30     May 6, 2006