Liquidity on ECN-type FX exchanges

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by Shafii, May 5, 2006.

1. Shafii

Shafii

Hi all,
    Which one of the following brokers has better liquidity, IB, MB Trading, or HotSpotFXR?
    Also who are the main liquidity providers / market makers on each of those ECNs.
    Thanks,

2. taboni

taboni

Haven't seen MB trading. Hotspot is between 10-20 million on majors, and 3-15 million on others. I believe IB is around the same.

3. Shafii

Shafii

Thanks taboni for your reply.
    I look forward for some more comments on this subject.

4. ddunbar

ddunbar Guest

On IB, Liquidity providers (banks) are:

UBS
    JPMorgan/chase
    Deutsche bank
    Bear Stearns

Plus IB also matches orders between customers.

On IB, EUR/USD is between 20 to 40 million. Max per 1 order is 4million.

5. MBT-Steve

MBT-Steve Sponsor

Shafii,

MBT is generally 20-30 million on the majors. Sometimes more and with no max per order. In fact, there are no restrictions at all on any orders.

Regards,

Steve

6. Shafii

Shafii

Steve, who are the liquidity providers on MBT?

7. MBT-Steve

MBT-Steve Sponsor

We have a multitude of liquidity providers. All the banks are proprietary information. My apologies for not being able to give that information out to you but I can assure you they are among the most respected names.

Regards,

Steve

8. ddunbar

ddunbar Guest

Shafi,

I got IB's liquidity providers off some of my confirmation reports. Maybe MBT clients, if any of them here, can give you that info of their confirms if MBT posts such info on confirms.

9. Shafii

Shafii

Among many things which I like about IB, transparency is on top of the list.
    Other brokers are always reluctant to provide such information.
    IMO, transparency translates into trust. Traders trust is really important in unregulated FX markets.

10. MBT-Steve

MBT-Steve Sponsor

Shafii,

I understand what you are saying but please do not confuse this with hiding anything from you. We keep this proprietary information from our competitors trying to copy us. That is why it is proprietary. We have built a rather unique and powerful forex trading front end and back end. We have 1 pip spreads, trade as low as 10,000 per lot, and no deal desk. I hope you can appreciate why we don't share our infrastructure secrets but if it not then I understand. Nevertheless we will always ensure you get the best execution within our ability for your trades.

Regards,

Steve

#10     May 5, 2006