Liquid Options

Discussion in 'Options' started by Eldredge, Oct 28, 2003.

1. Eldredge

Eldredge

I haven't traded any options for a couple of years, but I am considering taking another look at it. Are there any options (index, equity, or otherwise) that are truly liquid. By that I mean narrow spread, and instant fills at the displayed quotes. What option/exchange combination - if any - would provide this type of liquidity at present? Thanks for any help.

2. QQQ options definitely fit that criteria...

3. Eldredge

Eldredge

Thanks Vulture. I'll have to watch them. What do you find is the best way to route your orders?

4. Sashe

Sashe

still have min 0.05 spread which is 5% on $1 options.
    You're in a deep hole right out of the gate. Same thing with closing position. Plus commissions. Tighten the spread to 0.01 then I'll come back to trade options.

5. just21

just21

You get instant quotes on the ISE as it is electronic. They do not trade indexes apart from the s&p smallcap.

6. Eldredge

Eldredge

Thanks for the help. Are there any suggestions other than QQQ?

7. Eldredge

Eldredge

Can anyone tell me anything about ES options or where I can find information on them? I have spent about half an hour on CME's website, and I can't find anything except that they trade on globex. I can get quotes on TWS apparently, but right now nothing is displayed. Thanks for any help.

8. ktm

ktm

I can tell you (almost) anything you want to know about ES options. The reason you didn't see prices at 5:42 was because they are so illiquid. There may have been a few out there, but not much. Try checking during market hours. Even during the day, they are not very liquid and the spreads are wide.

9. ======================

Even with more liquid stock options, QQQ more liquid than DIA;
    would keep in mind Jim Rogers & Don Bright trading dont care to much for buying options.

:cool:

Occasionaly use AON[all or none] ;
    even with the most liquid.

10. Eldredge

Eldredge

Thanks for the help. I will keep watching and see what I can learn.

#10     Oct 30, 2003