LIPITOR....avoid at all costs if you can..

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by El OchoCinco, Aug 8, 2018.

1. Visaria

Visaria

7 in a million is not 3%...

http://healthland.time.com/2011/08/...s-rising-death-rates-from-general-anesthesia/

"However, a recent article published in the Deutsches Ärzteblatt, the German Medical Association’s official international science journal, shows that after decades of decline, the worldwide death rate during full anesthesia is back on the rise, to about seven patients in every million"

#121     Aug 19, 2018
  2. destriero

destriero

He's stating that the drug lacks efficacy. IOW it sucks. You're talking about a 120bp reduction in risk which is a rounding error. It's analogous to the chemotherapeutic model of an increase of n-weeks of life. Or in broader terms (chemo vs. rad) n-years of disease free survival for in situ malignancies.

Here's the summary of a study of statins used in patients with stents:

Statins exert multiple cellular effects including favorable effects on plasma lipoproteins, endothelial function, plaque architecture and stability, thrombosis, inflammation, and immune response. Part of these effects is induced by lipid-independent mechanisms, which render statins a potentially useful therapy in a wide spectrum of patients with CAD.

Statin metabolism involved ubiquinone. Rampant statin use w/o supplemental ubiquinone will often result in CHF/cardiomyopathy. Statin-use as causal would qualify as chemically-induced cardiomyopathy and I've seen two patients with chem-induced CM. The first patient exhibited Dox-induced CM during treatment for ABC. Her LVEF dropped to 12. The second patient was on Lipitor post-intervention (stent -> infarc) and his LVEF dropped to 15 via Acuson 2D echo.

Patient 1 lived 36 months, post CM diagnosis.
    Patient 2 lived 9 months, post CM diagnosis.

Patient 1 received 1200mg CoQ10 daily and expired from complications from ABC. Her LVEF was 50 six months after CM-diagnosis.

Patient 2 never received any CoQ10 therapy. The statin-metabolism was not widely understood at the time.

Take CoQ10.

#122     Aug 19, 2018
    contra likes this.
  3. destriero

destriero

lol that's the risk isolated to the anesthesia. I am referring to the 97% success rate of the surgery done under a general. Michael Jackson would probably disagree with the 1/7MM statistic.

#123     Aug 19, 2018
  4. A person is told he has a high risk of coronary event that could be fatal and he freely chooses to not exercise or change his diet at all despite the doctor recommendations? That is your example? The person bears no responsibility for his health?

So the doctor should tell him that if you are not going to follow proven medical advice then take this pill and keep up the no exercise and diet, it will work!?!?!?!?

Wow....scary if you believe that.

#124     Aug 19, 2018
  5. Reminds me of typical ET trading mentality.

ET: Anyone have a method of daytrading I can just copy without work/learning how to trade or an EA I can just copy trades from

Medical: Doc, I don't want to stop eating sugars and refined carbs, can't you just give me a pill to keep my blood sugar under check until my leg falls off?

#125     Aug 19, 2018
  6. Pekelo

Pekelo

The only thing that might clear up artery blockages is NIACIN.

#126     Aug 19, 2018
  7. Just pound the blood at the shrinking passgae until you knock some of the shmutz off the walls..

#127     Aug 19, 2018
  8. Visaria

Visaria

Lol...thats funny. But yeah that actually happens.

Two years ago I went to my GP who gave me a blood test and said I had type 2 diabetes. He wanted me to put me on metformin. I said no thanks...what else can I do? He said I could lose a boatload of fat and that might improve things. But he also then added he doubted I would do that since virtually no one does and therefore I should just go away and start taking medication. I told him to f off...i started a new lifestyle of eating right and weight training. I lost 20kg of fat within a year, blood test showed no sign of diabetes and doctor was amazed and said I was one in a million.

My point really is that very few people will drastically change their lifestyle, doctors know this and hence they prescribe the drugs.

#128     Aug 20, 2018
    luisHK and Van_der_Voort_4 like this.
  9. True and that is sad. I am no better being functionally overweight for some time and pretending I was ok until the blood tet markers started creeping up...we all need a wake up call I guess and it will come only when we want it to , not when someone else tells us.

#129     Aug 20, 2018
    Visaria likes this.
  10. piezoe

piezoe

Pfizer has many lawsuits pending, i believe, due to Rhabdomyolysis caused by Lipitor. So far as I know all the other statins in the same class (lipophilic statins) run similar risks -- it's a serious risk that can lead to irreversible muscle damage and death. My advice as a chemist would be to only consider taking the one hydrophilic statin I know of, which is the one most studied and the one with the longest history of safe use, pravastatin (Pravachol). This has been out so long there must be generics out there.

#130     Aug 22, 2018