Lion's Group Trading

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by JohnnyLoudcloud, Mar 29, 2002.

1. Perfect environment for trading. Nothing more"
    Well.....there is one thing more: They have to make a profit - just like any other firms out there. Pick your poison.

#71     May 23, 2002
  2. You are absolutely right. You need to make money. That is what it is all about. But we feel that while commission rate is important. you need systems that work all the time (how often does Belzberg go down on you during the worst time of day)? You also need a risk manger that has traded in his lifetime (Paul Markentell cutting you off at the bottom doesn't help). We provide these things and MORE (including a very competitve rate).

These are just of a few of the things that are important to being a successful trader. I appreciate your input or any questions that you may have about lgt.

#72     May 23, 2002
  3. I am glad that you posted the above, and aplogize if you thought I was in some way slandering you. I do take exception as to the "being out of touch" with the industry, and where the money is being made...our numbers are good.

I have made the same "due diligence" comments about every firm, including my own, and simply want to see the industry grow with real firms, not Introducing Brokers, sub-llc's, franchises and the like. As we all know the problems encountered by these types of operations in recent years.

I wish you the best with your venture....and fill us in every few months on how things are going.

Don Bright

#73     May 24, 2002
  4. Keith,

What type of trading is working for your group? Pairs?

I agree that opening and MOC is no longer a valid strategy. I'm sure any potential trader that wants to join Lions would like to know.

Thanks.

#74     May 24, 2002
  5. Magna

Magna Administrator

Members may discuss their personal experiences with Lions Group but if you have any questions for the principals please contact them directly, either by email, phone, or their website. Thank you.

#75     May 24, 2002
  6. MVP

MVP

Hey Lions,

hint hint...

#76     May 24, 2002
  7. Thank you for your interest.

Right now pairs is working ok on the open when the futures are way up or down. (which doesn't happen that often).

Almost ALL the money right now is being made by those people able to pick bottoms with size volume. Mostly these traders are looking for cleanups with big prints and getting size a penny above the low.

A lot of guys who trade this way (I don't) are having spectacular months. It just needs the right personality with a TON of work.

Any other questions please contact me.

Keith

#77     May 24, 2002