Lion's Group Trading

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by JohnnyLoudcloud, Mar 29, 2002.

1. Don, much appreciated. It's good to get perspectives from owners on down.

#21     Apr 22, 2002
  2. mrktwiz

mrktwiz

I just want to say I appreciate Don's attempt at answering questions that are in line with the current topic in each forum. I've been reading Don'a article for over 3 years and have "regularly" moinitered Bright Tradings performance over those 3 years, especially their Walnut Creek office that has grown significantly in 1 1/2 years.

I am now ready to make the jump (still putting my financial package together (equity stake plus 2 years expenses in the bank) and in about 1 hour will start the week long training that Bright suggest's for it's new traders.

Negative comments just are self-defeating and I personally try to really focus on positive energy ...ok,ok I've lived in Santa Cruz WAY to long but hey it works for me.

DOn...keep answering our question, I <ALWAYS> read your post's with great interest.

Enough fawning back to the topic....

mrktwiz

#22     Apr 22, 2002
  3. Thanks for the support - all of you.

What I see happening so much over the last few months is that there are a few firms who have signed "deals" with trader/investors to get extra money to keep their firm going. This has resulted in many of these "sub-llc's" and some of the obvious problems.

These types of "ventures" are bad for the industry as a whole, and can have negative results for everyone concerned (including Bright Trading and our people). This is why I try to answer these questions as openly as possible...I'd much rather have a few competent competitors than a bunch of "rogue firms" and "sub-LLc's" to contend with. It just makes sense to me.

Usually the "sour grapes" are from someone mixed up in this nightmare somehow, and you can usually tell by their "new" alias.

#23     Apr 22, 2002
  4. blink

blink Guest

at Bright after 6 months.

if you're positive, then I'll print a retraction

otherwise, after you're w/ bright, reread all the negative posts about Bright.

and then contemplate

how you lost your hard earned savings because of listening to what you wanted to hear from the "gypsy" of trading firms

#24     Apr 22, 2002
  5. Wish I could post up hundreds of traders posts, but it might interfere with the topics at hand....

:)

(gypsy?? - what the heck does that mean?)

Don

#25     Apr 22, 2002
  6. Blink,

Have to ask...what's *your* agenda?

#26     Apr 22, 2002
  7. david11th

david11th

are echotrade or lieberweiss consideredto be good firms?

#27     Apr 22, 2002
  8. I apologize to all those who are interested in this thread for not posting my reactions sooner. I have ultimately decided to join Lion’s Group Trading, hence you may reasonably presume that my impression of the organization as a whole is quite favorable.

A group of about 15 graduating students from Columbia University attended this information session. We are all “newbies” with no trading experience. Once again, they were kind enough to buy us food, which goes a long way in my book.

I met a number of the traders and actually got to sit with a few of them. The first trader I sat with was especially candid concerning his personal experiences. As opposed to some of the recruiters I have met at some organizations that will remain unnamed, he did not promise that I would become wealthy overnight. Rather, he assured me that I should get used to eating peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for at least the next six months. Even then, he readily admitted, my chances of not making money remain considerable. He informed me that it took him close to a year until he became profitable, but since then his trading has progressed nicely. According to him, grinning and bearing it through the tough times was one of the best decisions of his life.

I did not only sit with relatively junior traders, but with some very heavy hitters. One gentleman that I had the good fortune to sit with had taken over 10 thousand dollars out of the market that day. There are apparently several 7-figure earners trading at Lion’s Group, which is one of the primary reasons I decided to go with them. Do I know this for a fact? No, but I can tell you that a few people I encountered at Lion’s Group wear the serene, confident smile that only millionaires possess. It’s a demeanor I seek and hope to obtain.

The CEO of the organization, David Perrault, seems to me to be a first class gentleman. I have met some unsavory characters during the course of my search for a trading home. During my interview with him, I informed him that the capital contribution was a sticking point for me. I told him that I had received offers from other organizations that did not require a capital contribution, but was willing to put up some capital to trade at Lion’s Group because it was the organization which inspired the most confidence by far. I agreed that I could comfortably put up $4,000. He said fine, we’ll make $3,000 in that case and my payout will be 80%. I will pay .015 cents a share. Not only is Mr. Perrault a nice guy, as is clearly evidenced in the example above, but I have heard that he is among the very best traders on the Street.

I believe capital contribution requirements are based upon GPA, but I could be wrong. Lion’s Group does not seem to be an organization that will hire just anyone, which is another selling point in my opinion.

I wish to express my sincere thanks to Mr. Bright for providing this service. He is truly the glue that binds the trading subculture.

I hope all readers bear in mind that these are just my own personal opinions of the organization. Reasonable people may disagree with my conclusions, but I am quite confident that my decision was the right one.

#28     Apr 23, 2002
  9. Good luck in your trading experience. Thanks for the kind words, and keep us informed on your progress.

(1.5 cents is going to be a big hurdle to overcome - so stick to basics (o.o., MOC's, etc.), and get your volume up to a point where you can cut that at least in half.)

Don

#29     Apr 23, 2002
  10. mrktwiz

mrktwiz

Yes please keep us posted on your progress, I for one wold be very interested in how Lion's Group Trading performs for you and your trading experience in regards to ongoing training and education, daily support etcc turns out.

Oh and good luck to you and I truly hope you are very successfull and ..how did you say it?..."wear the knowing demeanor of a millionair" excellant good trading Johnny!

mrktwiz

#30     Apr 23, 2002