Links to similar threads has disappeared

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by OptionGuru, Jul 11, 2016.

1. OptionGuru

OptionGuru

The links to similar threads has disappeared from the bottom of threads. I found that feature useful.

:)

2. I kind of liked the feature. But then sometimes you will be reading what looks like a new thread only to find out it was started 8 years ago. That part I didn't like.

3. i960

i960

Age of information doesn't necessarily diminish value of information. There's tons of old threads on ET that are incredibly valuable.

wrbtrader likes this.
  4. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

Agree.

Most (not all) of the threads I find useful are old threads.

5. I wasn't saying that the old threads do not have any value. I agree there are a lot of threads from the old days that are great. I was more like saying that some threads are questions or something similar and the poster isn't even at ET anymore. The person has left ET. The great old threads obviously need to stay at ET for people to read. But maybe not all of them. But then again, how do you determine what stays and what goes? Throwing all of them out is like throwing the baby out with the bath water. So I can see how it might be a bad idea to get rid of all of them. Or even some of them.

6. Baron

Baron ET Founder

According to our stats, it wasn't a very used feature, and since it required quite a bit of overhead to operate, I took it down.

7. Good call. A lot of the threads were very old.

8. OptionGuru

OptionGuru

Post #3 did a good job of explaining the usefulness of older threads.

:)