Linkers::X - Let's code in C++ , Daytrade & Daydream :)

Discussion in 'App Development' started by LinkersX, Dec 26, 2017.

1. LinkersX

LinkersX

The reason for sometimes strange OOP syntax is that is that:

# this code will compile and execute on MQL4, 5 NinjaScript 7 & 8, cAlgo, ACSIL SierraChart

# and also Connect them into one Global Strategy!!!

And that's the Bigger Picture here !!!

#71     Dec 28, 2017
  2. sle

sle

Well, you should also run just as fast when someone tells you that something commercial quality can be fully implemented in Ninja Trader :) It is a balancing act between quality and time to market. Good code increases the ability to fix bugs, add features, extend to new markets - all those things matter in the long run. On the other hand, making it into a fetish is also wrong - after all, it’s just a tool.

The general idea is that most people tend to swing toward their strengths, while in reality they shroud do the opposite. My coding skills suck, so I think I should improve it and I am working on it. Someone who is a strong developer should be learning more about the quant and finance side of things.

#72     Dec 28, 2017
    algofy likes this.
  3. Do you think that's true? I'm with Ray Dalio on this: know your weaknesses and work around them. I intend to work around them. This lets you focus on your strengths.

#73     Dec 28, 2017
  4. https://www.forbes.com/sites/george...ue-of-embracing-your-weaknesses/#19fe6c0e6637

None of that says I need to learn to be a quant. It's just a sad way to live ;-) ;-) ;-)

JK, I love stats and integrating over surfaces and shit.

#74     Dec 28, 2017
    LinkersX likes this.
  5. sle

sle

In his book, Ray Dalio is speaking from the perspective of a manager that has the luxury of hiring a diverse team.

Our perspective should be much closer to that of an athlete in a complex sport. We should embrace our strengths and work to decrease our weaknesses. Take an example of tennis - if you can’t serve, it does not matter that you can play well close to the net.

#75     Dec 28, 2017
  6. It's true, his book was about organizations. But even at the small level, we are organizing our own lives. I use this idea everywhere.

#76     Dec 28, 2017
  7. LinkersX

LinkersX

I got a question for you.
    here is the code:

Code:

// # this code will compile and execute on MQL4 & 5, NinjaScript's NinjaTrader 7 & 8, cAlgo, ACSIL SierraChart
    #include<LinkersX.h>

struct eco_news
    {
    xTime time;
    double forecast;
    double previous;
    double actual;
    double consensus;
    xString title;
    xString country;
    int impact;
    };

xEcoNews econews1;

econews1.loadHistory(20170101, 20173112);
    econews1.get(eco_news);
    print("actual value:", econews.actual(1)); //Historical events starting from 2017-01-01
    print(econews1.time(1), econews1.name(1), econews1.impact(1), econews1.country(1), econews1.forecast(1), econews1.previous(1), econews1.actual(1));

//how would you do econews.actual(1) where 1 means last event, 5 is five events back
    // -2 should be 2 events into the future

#77     Dec 29, 2017
  8. I don't know how you do events into the future...

#78     Dec 29, 2017
  9. LinkersX

LinkersX

current week economical calendar loaded ;)

#79     Dec 29, 2017
  10. LinkersX

LinkersX

Of course if its possible pay 18K/month for Economic data from
    Thomson Reuters

ECONOMIC DATA WITH GLOBAL COVERAGE
    Economic data
    Unrivaled, deep and consistent global economic data coverage, delivered with critical timeliness to power your decision-making.

just to be able to run:

Code:

econews1.updateActual(actualValueSupliedByThomsonReutersFor18K);

//which will create e.actual_updated event;

//so the actual strategy would look like: 1 is the last event,  actual gets suplied by Linkers::X by specifying Thomson Reuters Feed

if(e.unemployment_claims(1) && e.actual_updated(1) && e.is_news_good(1))
    {
    long1.buy();
    }

Last edited: Dec 29, 2017
    #80     Dec 29, 2017