Linkers::X - Let's code in C++ , Daytrade & Daydream :)

Discussion in 'App Development' started by LinkersX, Dec 26, 2017.

1. LinkersX

LinkersX

Next to me is my friend who does't know any C++ or any other programming language.
    I ask her to read my code snippets and tell me line by line what the code snippet does.
    She has got no problem to do that.
    I fully agree with you, about my sometimes silly OOP design, since my brain is still in the 80's and __ASM and char* buffer;

Last edited: Dec 28, 2017
    #61     Dec 28, 2017
  2. LinkersX

LinkersX

Code:

# this code will compile and execute on MQL4, 5 NinjaScript, cAlgo, ACSIL SierraChart

#include<LinkersX.h>

//# https://stocktwits.com/LinkersX

xStockTwits tweet1; xString text1;
    tweet1.username("LinkersX");
    tweet1.password("123456789");

text1("X->Hello StockTwits. FOMC replay");
    //tweet text1 and replay1 object as replaying HTML5 chart!!!!

tweet1.stockTwits(text1, replay1);

#62     Dec 28, 2017
  3. LinkersX

LinkersX

#63     Dec 28, 2017
  4. To be clear, I'm not talking about OOP. OOP is just a way to implement a design, one that I don't really agree with as I prefer a more functional, stateless style.

I'm not sure what the anecdote of your non-technical friend reading code would be. Does she have some special monopoly on reading code that I'm unaware of? Do you want non-technical people to use your system? OK, then yes, I agree that it works for that use case.

#64     Dec 28, 2017
  5. LinkersX

LinkersX

Got Iterators and custom Allocator for you to enjoy :)

Last edited: Dec 28, 2017
    #65     Dec 28, 2017
  6. Here's another way to think about it: you know what beautiful math looks like vs gross engineering math. Beautiful code gives you the same feeling. There are a few great books that can help you along these lines:

1. http://shop.oreilly.com/product/9780596517984.do
    2. Volumes 1 and 2 of AOSA http://www.aosabook.org/en/index.html - I haven't read the 500 lines book, but I bet it has some good code in it.

#66     Dec 28, 2017
  7. algofy

algofy

I remember when I was learning to code hearing that if I ever ran into someone who insisted OOP is bad that we should instead be doing fancy smancy stuff only to run far and fast. BTW, how long has it taken you to get a strategy to the market? Sounds like another week? I can use my commercial stuff and get an idea to the market within a day.

#67     Dec 28, 2017
  8. I didn't say OOP is bad, I just don't agree with it as practised colloquially. As with everything, too much of anything is not good. Taking functional programming to the extreme is not useful generally, but the concepts, when intermixed with OOP and other paradigms can be very powerful, hence why C++ is such a great/terrible language.

My strategy is paper trading right now, not sure what your point is... It just disconnects occasionally so I have to watch it.

#68     Dec 28, 2017
    LinkersX likes this.
  9. LinkersX

LinkersX

did you get the bigger picture here?

#69     Dec 28, 2017
  10. Tell me.

#70     Dec 28, 2017
    LinkersX likes this.