Linkers::X - Let's code in C++ , Daytrade & Daydream :)

Discussion in 'App Development' started by LinkersX, Dec 26, 2017.

1. LinkersX

LinkersX

please share your 2 cents

#51     Dec 28, 2017
  2. I guess it's only fair that I've criticized you so long that I try and help. OK, so here is the best way I can put it: you make things too complex. Too complex.

There is a famous saying (paraphrasing): perfection is not achieved when there is nothing to add, but when there is nothing to take away.

That is the best piece of advice I can give you based on the code I've seen.

#52     Dec 28, 2017
  3. LinkersX

LinkersX

sorry for typos

#53     Dec 28, 2017
    algofy likes this.
  4. LinkersX

LinkersX

why don't you recode the sortedQueue differently. Please how would you do the syntax?
    You can see what's floating in my mind

#54     Dec 28, 2017
  5. I wouldn't have a `sortedQueue` to begin with.

#55     Dec 28, 2017
  6. sle

sle

That’s where I think I fail most of the time. I look at good code, most things are wicked short and concise. My code is a mess of loops, ifs and cases. Is that a design failure or coding style failure?

PS. There is a whole template game that true UHF people play to reduce WtW latency, would be interesting to get your take on it

Last edited: Dec 28, 2017
    #56     Dec 28, 2017
  7. LinkersX

LinkersX

Code:

//# https://twitter.com/LinkersX

xTwitter tweet1;
    xString text1;

tweet1.username("LinkersX");
    tweet1.password("123456789");

text1("x->hello twitter!");

//tweet text1 and replay1 object as replaying HTML5 chart!!!!
    tweet1.tweet(text1,  replay1);

Last edited: Dec 28, 2017
    #57     Dec 28, 2017
  8. LinkersX

LinkersX

Absolutely no copying whatsoever in sort xSort Object no actual data being pushed into the xQueue

I'm gonna give you shocking result of benchmark done on offset_ptr<>; compared to Linkers::X containers

#58     Dec 28, 2017
  9. I can't say without reading the code, but I would "guess" design failure.

I think templates are amazing for high performance computing, so it doesn't surprise me that people use it to reduce latency.

#59     Dec 28, 2017
  10. You're still missing the point. You're stuck in your HFT world, which is fine. You have spent the last X years obsessing about performance, but not about design, so of course you can't understand why I say that I wouldn't have a sortedQueue.

#60     Dec 28, 2017
    LinkersX likes this.