Linkedin

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Sunshine4ever, Jul 23, 2007.

1. Does anyone have any experience with Linkedin? Has it helped / hurt advance your career or business? :confused:

2. andread

andread

it hasn't in my case, but I don't really use it. I prefer to meet people personally.
    I don't think any of the people I know has benefited from it though. It looks more like a way to keep in touch. But I might be wrong

3. Daxtrader

Daxtrader

The word "analyst" doesn't mean jack these days. Mostly shuffling papers. You are way ahead of the game. Just be cocky during the interview.

4. I just signed up on it out of curiosity .... my first impression of the site was that is way of keeping in touch and not necessarily making new contacts. For instance people who graduated overseas or worked for small companies don't have too much luck there

5. andread

andread

I wouldn't be so sure. In small companies people come and go, including yourself, like in big companies or more.
    Yes, as I said I think it's more to keep in touch, although I do have someone I don't know (I think) in my network. Why this guy wanted to add me, I have no clue.