LinkedIn Profile

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Port1385, Dec 21, 2008.

1. Here, I'll show you how a real trader operates.

Right when the ES violated that blue trend line is when I went short as posted in other threads. I have not made a trade since and just been waiting for it to resolve itself.

Sometimes I daytrade, but other times I swingtrade the ES. Selling puts like the other poster can blow up in your face. The ES is easy way to make money. I might cover at the pink line.

These are not my charts by the way, but someone I follow closely and their site has been the way to make money for the last 6 months.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#51     Dec 23, 2008
  2. DHOHHI

DHOHHI

You show more ignorance with each post.

(1) I have insurance.
    (2) I don't sit around with no one to talk to. I talk with other traders during the day as well as my wife, who is also at home.
    (3) Yeah, going to an office isn't the end of the world. But you can't put a price tag on time. I'd rather have a choice as to how to use the extra hours each day that I don't have to spend on commuting. I've traded in an office -- so been there, done that.
    (4) Reading comprehension isn't a strong point of yours, is it? I stated previously I volunteer with inner city kids 2 days/week. Going to the beach or for a run also involves other people --- people who like me have CHOICES as to how to utilize their time during the day.
    (5) Yeah, I'm lazy, as you suggest. I do more in a day than you likely do in a week. And I'm a poor role model for kids too --- that's why 3 different local educational organizations contacted me this year prior to the school year to try to get me to volunteer within their system. Try giving back to society -- you might actually learn that sitting on your ass all day in an office isn't all that fulfilling.

Keep posting your drivel. It sounds as if you speak of something you know very little about.

Oh yeah, does that trader at Goldman have the freedoms I do? You never addressed that. Can he check out at 2:00 if he wants to head to the beach? Can he blow out of the office at noon because he says "I've made what I wanted for today". I can.

#52     Dec 23, 2008
  3. DHOHHI,

I would not waste too much time with him.

I work at home and guess what, in one week I make what most people make in a one month by working in an office.

I wonder what other people think. Let's say that you trade from home make 250k or more in a year, are you going to post a profile on LinkedIn or are you going to trade ?

What Port and other people have a very very hard time to comprehend is what a professional trader is about, because they never been one in the first place.

A pro makes a good living, that's why he is a pro. That gives him the freedom to not care about the rest of the world. He needs no profile or online network why ? Because he has absolutely nothing to sell. NOTHING ! I don't offer any service nor I need one. I even have a financial website where I don't sell anything, all I do is to talk about trading. Am I posting it now to show you how big my penis is ? Am I posting it on LinkedIn ? No I don't need to and I don't care.

Some pros are ok with managing other people money and some aren't, but that's not the point.

The point is that no office or online profile makes you a real trader, understand ?

Your performance does ! Year after year after year and ironically that's is the very thing that people like port don't take in consideration.

Does not matter what you say or do one question always stands:

CAN YOU MAKE MONEY ?

That's is why is so ironic to me the few times I debate with Elite Trader losers.

The moment you talk about performance they have nothing to show. When you talk about making money they freak out because they don't make money year after year after year.

My performance year to date is + 34% ( see attachement in the previous post). I wonder that is the performance of people on LinkedIn with a financial profile.

I don't need any network, my resume is +34% and I am not looking for a job. My job is to reach 35% before the year ends, that's all I want. That's all I care about.

In my world, this year 35% and speaks louder than any profile.

So you see when reality ( $$$ ) hits, the wanna be resort in their distorted world with arguments that make no sense whatsoever. It is all talk and hey it is ok this forum is entertainment only. I never learned anything valuable here except take notice that a lot of people have a huge ego that they can not back up with anything $ub$tantial.

And that is why it is time wasted. Once I proved to some loser that I can make money nothing changes. He will still be a bitter loser, and you know what, it is just fine.

I honestly have no idea what I would do without you wanna be traders.

They are the same " traders " with no discipline and a gambler mentality. They are the same guys who want to make quick money by buying the options I sell them.

If you see grammar mistakes in my post it is because english it is not my first language, but rest assured I am a real trader, I do it all from my home, I am proud of it and I am here to stay.

#53     Dec 23, 2008
  4. DHOHHI

DHOHHI

After I posted I realized I was wasting my time. He seems to think there is one way to trade -- from an office. That's like thinking here's just one way (i.e. method or system) to trade. People like that, who are argumentative, seem unwilling to accept other viewpoints or possibilities.

#54     Dec 23, 2008
  5. No, I dont think there is one way to trade. I just have some time on my hands and thought I would respond to you two guys who are always trolling around on here under different aliases.

I have been around Elitetrader and my experience is that you two are the typical guys that:

1) Never have a losing day, are always up for the year and make more money in one day then most people in a year.

2) Enjoy their newly found "freedom".

3) Have all these friends, supermodel wife, jog 6 miles a day and volunteer for all these charities.

4) Never blown an account. See#1

5) Drive around in Ferraris and Maseratis.

6) Scoff at everyone who reports to an office whether they like to or not. They enjoy trading in their McMansion and have a private room set aside for them.

I guess I could go on, but anyone who has been on this forum can relate.

I wondered aloud to myself how there could be all these super successful guys on Elitetrader, but you never truly meet them in real life. All the guys I know have a few stories about tanking a major account or some other story about hardships.

One day I spent some time hacking into Landis's webcam and even Maklodas. This is what I found:

This is Landis:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Jfr66UnTzfE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Jfr66UnTzfE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

This one is either Makloda or Mandelbrotset.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2wPEPNibVzI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2wPEPNibVzI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Here is either Tums, Rennick or one of the mods. By this time I had a little wine and couldnt think anymore.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IoOmGd086PE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IoOmGd086PE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Finally, I found Baron's picture. This picture isnt available on the web so you know I actually hacked into the computers of the mods and the real elitetraders:
    [​IMG]

#55     Dec 23, 2008
  6. #56     Dec 24, 2008