LinkedIn Profile

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Port1385, Dec 21, 2008.

1. Being a cheap sellout sycophant must suck even more.

Your word has little credibility after the type of scumbags & snakeoil salesmen you are willing to endorse and have endorsed.

Whatever Sykes makes, how would you know? Are you his accountant? No you are just a shameless promoter of anyone who will throw you a penny.

I actually know from reliable sources he does not make anywhere near 100k a month, in fact his income is quite erratic.

#31     Dec 22, 2008

2. tim's my sycophant? why that's an honor.

the guy is topped ranked on www.covestor.com

do ya think thats phoney too?

:D

#32     Dec 22, 2008
  3. Talking about you, dodo.

It's an elaborate pump & dump site, what is your point?

#33     Dec 22, 2008
  4. drjmpc

drjmpc

Can we just end like this:

LinkedIn has and will forever be designed for Professional Networking. Many of the same security features you see on facebook are available on LinkedIn along with a couple more.

Now for the record, I think that LinkedIn is the ONLY social networking site that a person should be using their real name on. Why? Because it is designed to present your professional persona to the world. And you should be selective about who you add.

This prevents many of the negativity that can happen on the other sites. Everything else gets an alias

Simple.

#34     Dec 23, 2008
  5. LinkedIn Profile is for the ones who are still running the rat race.

Also it is for the ones who are trying to sell their services or somehting.

I am a full time trader all I need are my brokers. No need to post any profile anywhere. No need to network with anyone.

The only people I am interested in networking with are hot females 10 years younger than I am and they are not online.

I just look at my broker account, my profile shows up there.

Year to date + 34%

#35     Dec 23, 2008
  6. Thats why to me all this is just part of the credit bubble fad, a hang over from dot com.
    So 20 years from now a guy named "John Smith" will have a huge advantage or a huge handicap..depending on your perspective..its not rational.
    Social network sites are good for posting pictures and flirting...beyond that anything else will look like what petfoods.com does today.

#36     Dec 23, 2008
  7. If you forever want to be like the guy below, then of course, you dont need networking websites. All you need is the IB customer service guy and the mailman.

However, if you want to move your life in a different direction and desire to leave the garage or bedroom, then linkedin isnt bad.

This is a video of Alex from puretick using IB to daytrade some penny stocks on the pinksheets out of his bedroom or trading room.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/aacVKplbGWA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aacVKplbGWA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

#37     Dec 23, 2008
  8. Lets get serious for a moment.

First of all, a guy using IB to trade out of his bedroom is not a real trader. I dont know what you want to call that, but thats not real trading. When I hear the word "trader", then I imagine someone who is in an actual trading room at an actual company not some guy in his undies in his bedroom located in some random house in a small town in Arkansas.

I mean the guys trading for a firm or a company with someone else's money. In that case, you need to have contacts. A guy who is trading at Exxon would surely want to have contacts over at Shell and the other places that trade energy. A guy over at Goldman would surely want contacts over at Morgan....

Traders are not hermits. The guys who are hermits are those that think and believe they can trade with IB in their bedroom from day to day in their underoos.

#38     Dec 23, 2008
  9. "A guy who trades out of his bedroom is not a real trader." So you say !

First you have no idea how much money I trade, but I trade out of my bedroom and rest assured I am real trader meaning that's how I make money.

here I share " my profile" year to date + 34%

#39     Dec 23, 2008
  10. and here 2007 + 61%

#40     Dec 23, 2008