Link your broker account to Yahoo Finance

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by OptionsOptionsOptions, Apr 19, 2018.

1. No they don't. Hacking real accounts by real people is rare.
    Sarah Palin's Yahoo account got hacked by a real person - but she used easily Googled info on her as security questions.

My guess is that most traders use Yahoo Finance as their primary source of market info - stock quotes, charts and option chains. They spend more time on Yahoo Finance than they do logged into their brokers accounts.

So it makes sense to link the two together - for convenience.

#11     Apr 19, 2018
  2. vanzandt

vanzandt

Yeah I meant corporate databases. There's a dozen examples of that.

Huh? I never have. A reliable broker has all that and more. Maybe some people use Yahoo when they get off work to check a stock in their 401K.... but any active trader is gonna use their broker's stuff. And if that's lacking, they'll change brokers. I mean IB charges for level 2... but the $4.99 brokers all give that away for free. Option chains w/L2 too. This makes zero sense to me.

#12     Apr 19, 2018
  3. truetype

truetype

> I'm sure there's a reason

It's a way for Yahoo to monetize its investment in Finance. Presumably the brokers will kick back a few pennies for every order sent via Yahoo's pipes.

#13     Apr 19, 2018
  4. Options trading ?

#14     Apr 19, 2018
  5. #15     Apr 19, 2018
  6. Big AAPL

Big AAPL

#16     Apr 19, 2018
  7. #17     Apr 19, 2018
  8. Big AAPL

Big AAPL

my bad

#18     Apr 19, 2018
  9. their charting tool sucks. didn't they have a security breach recently?
    someone from Alabama logged into my yahoo email for a year or so. I told them about it and they couldn't do a thing about it.
    at one time, Microsoft wanted to pay $30 billion dollars for it :)

#19     Apr 19, 2018
  10. Yahoo is currently in the process of having all their account holders sign a new approval for changed Terms and Conditions:
    yahoo.png

Looking at the details it looks like they want more from you than Facebook and Google together.

#20     Apr 20, 2018