Link to CFTC comments

Discussion in 'Forex' started by Gcapman, Jan 26, 2010.

1. A friend of mine who works at a forex dealer told me that CFTC is refusing to post comments because the government thinks "these comments aren't real and are being generated by the dealers."

Flood their website and demand they post trader comments now!

Email secretary@cftc.gov today!

#11     Feb 8, 2010
  2. Gcapman

Gcapman

Comments from traders have no pull

It is up to the FXDC to spend some serious cash on lobbying efforts -- but at this point, I doubt that they have done anything since I have not had anything come up on my DC radar

At this rate, it is only a matter of time before the FXDC brokers are out of business -- give them 1 year before they put up the **out of business** sign

#12     Feb 8, 2010
  3. I disagree. CFTC has never gotten so many comments on an issue before. This kind of defeatist attitude is counter productive. Flood the CFTC! Email secretary@cftc.gov today!

#13     Feb 11, 2010
  4. Gcapman

Gcapman

Looks like they are about to make a decision very soon -- according to the last comment -- or at least are starting the initial steps for decision-making

#14     Mar 1, 2010
  5. There are now 7.000 comment letters. Keep em coming folks. email secretary@cftc.gov today!

#15     Mar 2, 2010
  6. Gcapman

Gcapman

7. Things are looking VERY PROMISING! The Congress opposes CFTC's leverage proposal. Check this out:

http://www.iowapolitics.com/index.iml?Article=187545

“I am pleased that the CFTC Chairman acknowledged our concerns and appeared open to changes to the leverage requirement,” Boswell said. “The CFTC has received over 5,600 comments on the foreign exchange proposed rule and I am hopeful that this input will help the Commission to find a common ground that won’t chase business overseas, while still protecting consumer interests.”

Our comments are making a difference!! Email secretary@cftc.gov today!

#17     Mar 3, 2010