Linda Raschke

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by dealmaker, Jan 15, 2021.

1. dealmaker

dealmaker

""

Math_Wiz and Laissez Faire like this.
  2. Millionaire

Millionaire

At time of writing Dax is down 1%.

S&P futures down about 0.5%, Dow futures down 0.6%, Russell futures down over 1%.

But Nasdaq 100 futures hardly changed from yesterday close.

3. S2007S

S2007S

Nasdaq once again holding up but will see, yesterday the small caps were huge winners. Seems every day there is an index holding while others take thr drop. Kinda of unusual

4. Arnie

Arnie

She's one of my favorites. One little nugget that helped me was when she explained that there are just a handful of days in the month where you really need to press it. The rest of the time, you just need to play defense and try not to lose a lot, wait for good setups (low risk/high reward).

5. JSOP

JSOP

Russell 2000 actually rose 2%. People are just so demanding nowadays. You give them money, oh the taxes is going to go up. You don't give them money, oh there is not enough money to stimulate the economy. Well money don't grow on trees, people!! Somebody has to pay for it! You either get off your a$$ to make it or you borrow. Nobody is going to give it to you for free. You are worried about taxes? How about no stimulus and you just work for free or like in Great Depression days, 10 cent an hour??!! This is how your ancestors did digging themselves out of economic troubles.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2021
  6. She's talking about that "Price TA" thingy that so many ETers believe "doesn't work". LOL!

7. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

Exactly...that advice from her prompt a lot of statistical analysis from me...resulting in redefining how I view the markets and my own trading.

wrbtrader

8. VEGASDESERT

VEGASDESERT

no matter how good a setup looks, the probability is never as high as you think.

i saw yesterdays setup short, it was ok.

jonnysharp, mokwit and beginner66 like this.
  9. SunTrader

SunTrader

Are you responding to the OP because it is about today?

Not yesterday ... and especially not about the great depression.

Today:-
    Russell.png

10. Bomp

Bomp

This ++++. I stated a bit differently. I think there are 3-4 opportunities a year where one needs to go in big. Rest of the time keep it small.

#10     Jan 15, 2021
    comagnum likes this.