Linda Raschke

Discussion in 'Trading' started by tommo, Dec 9, 2010.

1. jem

jem

is al brooks the guy who says he is in trades in his chat room after they already happened and he has a cushion?

As far as LBR... goes everyone in a while I drop in her chatroom to see if she is back to trading.

What I see is Chris Terry calling out trades.... and his style seems to be a mix and match of fib pullbacks and fading strong moves.

neither seems to make money for him.

10 years ago I spoke with him. He seemed cool on the phone... but I would have to see an track record of his calls to believe he was profitable.

#31     Dec 9, 2010
  2. The joke is, if I posted 100 winning trades here in a row, not one of you miscreants would notice.

Most of you are beyond any kind of help, so what diff does it make whether a guru is real or not?

#32     Dec 9, 2010
  3. There are many very profitable fund managers in the world. I recently read this blog about Chesapeake Capital having only one losing year in the last 20 years. Hawksbill Capital only 4 in the same period (interesting analysis can be found here). Just two examples.

IMO if someone cannot develop his/her own system for trading it is better to invest the money with a fund than visiting trading rooms and wasting time there. It makes no sense. You are either a trader or you are not. If you are waiting for someone else to tell you what to trade and when the game is lost, too late, simply too late...

#33     Dec 9, 2010
  4. jem

jem

that is so wrong.

Anybody who is for real gets respected rather quickly.

The fact is very few people with a transferable edge are going to call out trades. When I was profitable with a real edge, we set up an LLC, brought in traders traders, backed them with our money and took 50% of profits. Note, please no emails.... my former daytrading edge is gone. I swing trade now and not for a living... (but profitable)

#34     Dec 9, 2010
  5. Aok

Aok

LBR is for real.

LBR really trades.

LBR cares about her chat rooms but she cares about her personal trading more. You think she's going to give you the Golden Goose for whatever her monthly chat fee is? You're going to get what comes out the other end of the goose after eating bad mexican food. There are no gurus.

LBR knows how hard trading is. Been around a LONG time and knows The Grind. So if she can make $ hawking her "Wizard" status why not guarantee her Xmas in December instead of feeling the heat 364 days a year.

Back in the 90's I attended multiday seminar with her and Mark Cook. Watched her trade live.

Of course the opportunity to train with both personally was extended. Of course the rube I was then in the credulity of my tuition took them up on their offer. Cha-ching!

I dont know what LBR is teaching now but back then during the week I was with her, her win rate was about +/- 50% and she made $ on the week. Then she used 15 min bars. Max number of trades in day way I think 7. Dont recall. So 3-4 losers a day. Yes, even gurus lose. You guys looking for a 90% win rate with minimum 2:1 r/r ratio are killing me. Why dont you own New York and kick Maverick out of Chicago already? Then she was Trading the Big S&P though she was swing trading other markets. I have no idea what her style is these days.

Thus a Wizard is made?

Only over time.

A week, a month, a year is nothing.

Especially when you're dealing with ego stroked minions running the chat room. Every Guru has them. The Inner Circle Jerks. The High Priests of Pablum. They never lose. Because they are invested in that sucking sound from your pocket to the gurus bank account. Losing trades dont exist. But of course it's only the trades you take that fail.

"Dont you dare question Mount Olympus!" says Mr Minion. Fuck you minion. Wake up and smell the blotter sheet!

Because at the end of the day trading is about attrition and survival. It's about an infinitesimal edge whose status is as tenuous as a virgin in Mogadishu.

LBR aint no virgin and she certainly isnt any more wizardly than anyone else. But she does trade.

If you learn nothing else from any chatroom at least learning that you've got to pull your own weight in this business and diversify with your profits into other non related trading ventures is a good as gold.

Stop looking for surety in a world that gives none.

Trade profitably or die on the vine.

The best lessons derived from the gurus have nothing to do with their trading.

#35     Dec 9, 2010
  6. jem

jem

her room was better 10 years ago. You are correct.

#36     Dec 9, 2010
  7. tim888

tim888

This is 2010. Wake up....

#37     Dec 9, 2010