Linda Raschke

Discussion in 'Trading' started by tommo, Dec 9, 2010.

1. ummm....the performance of her fund according to Barclays paints a vastly different picture than what has been stated in this thread so far. In fact, it looks like, over the years, they ranked her fund in the top 10 in various categories multiple times.

(Sorry if I've suggested doing this before but sometimes I think a little bit of research in the right place can be very illuminating. All you have to do is call up the # on her website, ask the person that answers what the name of her fund is and then plug it into the Barclays database if you're a member.)

-eLindy

#11     Dec 9, 2010
  2. Lots of calls = To hard to follow all of them
    Very Rude = They do not appreciate your business
    Very Ambiguous = A long drawn out learning curve

Bottonline is these types of services NEVER work out well if your trying to learn to trade.

You will miss the good trades hit the bad ones and never have any confidence in what your doing.

#12     Dec 9, 2010
  3. Pekelo

Pekelo

Linda, you little rascal!!!

Maybe so but it is very safe to assume that there are COMPLETELY different strategies involved. First, Linda wouldn't be allowed to teach the strategy what is used in her fund. Second, her minions are most likely using something else than Linda. If not, go back to the first point and the reviewers criticism still stands.

So your point is fucking MOOT.....

#13     Dec 9, 2010
  4. MKTrader

MKTrader

I have no dog in this fight, but maybe both sides are right to an extent.

LBR is a pretty well-respected trader with a verified track record (her fund and some past accomplishments). It also sounds like her chat room and other services are largely run (with trades called) by people working for her. Apparently, LBR makes calls here and there, but it's not the same as her fund or personal trading account. So I really doubt her fund tracked by Barclays = the performance in her chat room.

#14     Dec 9, 2010
  5. It appears everything she markets costs quite a bit of money. I remember buying her book 'street smart' I paid close to $150 and that was at a discount, the retail is $175. I remember the price well, because I got yelled at by my wife, who looking at our cc statement said wtf you paid $150 for a book?

One of the best trading rooms/webinars I have attended is Al Brooks. For $99 you get about a month. He is a great mind.

http://www.brookspriceaction.com/

#15     Dec 9, 2010
  6. tim888

tim888

Al Brooks is good.

#16     Dec 9, 2010
  7. Pekelo

Pekelo

Personally, I don't have a problem when a trader teaches on the side, there can be lots of various valid reasons for that. (let's say personal contact,etc.) What I find curious though if the trader uses minions to do the teaching, when it isn't even clear if they teach (if they teach at all) the same strategy what the trader would be teaching. So far it looks like it is more like random trades calling instead of teaching, what's going on there.

From the reviewers feedbacks it looks like Linda is just using her name as a big brand to bring in more costumers and she let's the minions do the real work. Now that is questionable for me a little bit.

Linda? Any thoughts???

For extra: " LBRGroup has been a registered CTA since 1992. Its Granat Fund was rated by Barclays as 17th out of 4500 hedge funds for best 5 year performance in 2009. "

Some of her teachings:

http://www.traderslog.com/trader-linda-raschke-day-trading/

#17     Dec 9, 2010
  8. Thanks everyone, an interesting thread.
    Also I appreciate the idea of the al brooks room.

Widening the topic a little, do those who use chat rooms find them of value in their equity curve? Were they making more money on a monthly basis than before?

I would think that many go to them to hear what someone else is saying - get another point of view so to speak.

I was in a free room for 2 weeks and I found it quite distracting (that room was scalping ES). I guess I don't mulitask well :)

I can't see myself blindly trading someone else's calls but I could see some value if they explain what they are watching, why they took a trade, what they expected (targets and so on), and when they closed it why they did at the price/time they did, and what they felt they had done correctly or not with the trade.

#18     Dec 9, 2010
  9. farjeon

farjeon

10. Since a few people mentioned him in this thread, I just don't understand the attraction to Al Brooks's style of trading. I spent a few days last year trying to read his book before giving up and returning it. He's something of a stream-of-consciousness trader. At the very least, that is his narrative style. Just about anything might be a signal. Or it might not be. Unless, of course, it is. It might be a countersignal. Or it might not be. Unless, of course, it is.

#20     Dec 9, 2010