Linda Raschke Seminar

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by CTTrader, Apr 13, 2006.

1. ozzy

ozzy

Gawd what a waste. There is so much on the net I can't see why anyone would pay for any course off of a "guru" (I love that word since it's sooo bullshit but its music to the ears of sheep).

The only courses I would be interested in would be the ones offered by the IB's unfortunately I'm not in the business so I'm not privy to such courses.

Option Coach here's a link of some stuff from LBR

http://www.lbrgroup.com/images/Camtasia/041206/April12.html

It's turning into a marketing machine.

Enjoy.

P.S wtf was that 10% drop on AMD. Fucking program selling motherfucking bastards.

#11     Apr 13, 2006
  2. I never understood the guru lecture circuit. I can understand someone wanting to teach the topic in general, i.e., what are options and how to use them, but the courses which promise to turn you into amazing traders or teach the secret system I never understood.

That is why I like the free-breakout sessions. Most are for beginners or slightly advanced but often I learn one new thing each time. Sure the person may be promoting themselves or their company, but in general they are just sharing some info for free which makes you think differently perhaps..

#12     Apr 13, 2006
  3. ozzy

ozzy

I understand the guru lecture circuit. It's to make moooooo money and to feel like da man having all these minions listening and salivating to your every word.

:D

#13     Apr 13, 2006
  4. CTTrader

CTTrader

Thanks for all of the input. I like to get as much info as possible before I put down a hunk of cash on training. I have no problem spending $500, $1,000 or even $5,000 if the material is useful to me.

Most of the stuff out there is absolute crap and you could easily spend $20k - $30k on training that won't return a dime. I trade profitably, but have a lot of room for improvement.

At the NYC Expo I opted for a different seminar that was only $129 and had some good info, but was not closely related to my style of trading. Unfortunately that couldn't be determined from the marketing info. Still I picked up a few tidbits that were worth the money. I also attended Pristine's free seminar which provided info that sounded great, but when I researched and backtested the strategies found that they didn't work for me. However, during the process I did come up with an idea for a different strategy that has been a money maker for me. So maybe it was worthwhile.

As far as LBR's seminar I have a gut feel that the seminar is hyped quite a bit and promises more than it delivers. It may be a shortcut for beginners, but people who have read a few books and atteneded a few seminars won't find much new. If I'm wrong I'd love to hear more feedback.

#14     Apr 13, 2006
  5. it's all stinkin' bs

traders who make money in da mkt neither have da will nor da time, nor da need to ask for charity, also given da well known reputation of vendors and gurus it's quite logical they distantiate themselves far, far away from da most crooked aspect of this industry, mindin' their own biz....won't find any of them lowerin' their standards this way.

#15     Apr 13, 2006
  6. I attended LBR's seminar 2 years ago. Until then I was a decently profitable trader. After the seminar and after I incorporated her techniques in my own trading, my performance improved significantly. I returned my investment in this seminar in few days.
    Her focus is on e-minis, but the same techniques applies to stock, futures and commodities.
    She constantly evaluates and backtests her techniques and will give you performance stats in the seminar.

#16     Apr 13, 2006
  7. ===============
    I figure her writings are well worth it;
    and usually save them.

Latest example is her ES emini article, some of which applies to stocks also ;
    SFO,APRIL
    Stocks futures , options magazine. Assume also,its in
    sfomag.com:cool:

#17     Apr 14, 2006
  8. Does Linda Raschke have a recorded DVD out of any of her seminars? I didn't see any on her website. I would be interested in purchasing the DVD since I can't attend the out of state seminar.

#18     Jul 4, 2006
  9. #19     Jul 4, 2006
  10. yeah, but ya'll be getting a full day's instruction on horsetrading!

#20     Jul 4, 2006