Linda Bradford

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by Samson77, Jan 17, 2004.

1. Was it clear which trades where scalps? how did you know which trades where what?

#51     Jan 19, 2004
  2. jem

jem

I was in her room for about 6 mos or more thru about feb or march 2003. My final straw was when Chris Terry did lecture on psychology. I found it condecending, and it made me wonder if they ever made money in the the room. Until that lecture I thought Linda was just having a difficult time in a difficult market. That lecture was so misplaced. What was I suppossed to do to get better at pulling the trigger on their losing trades. It made me wonder if Chris ever made good money. It made me concerned about the integrity of the whole product.

That is how I felt at the time. I do think that I learned some valuable stuff. But what I was really paying for was to see an edge traded. I definitely lost money taking her spoo trades. And by my calculations and others she lost money too.

If someone said she was making money I would consider the room, because I no longer trade in a office and an extra set of eyes on things is good.

P.S. I read the note above. I am not talking about her scalps that she does not publish. I am saying that while I was in the room on the trades she set up for the room participants those trades lost money. While my entry and exists were probably worse than hers, her entries and exits lost money too.

Now since I was a lawyer and do not want a lawsuit. Let me say that I did not keep a spreadsheet on it. I kept an I.B. account and evaluated my results versus hers. There is room to be wrong in my assessment but not much. It is not like she was displaying a real edge. Plus people I spoke with who kept stats on her trades confirmed she lost money.

An anecdote, while I was in the room she developed the Uturn trade. Which is sort of a failed short skirt.

Please do not take this as bitter Jem. I was only pissed at the condescending lecture. Overall I am just telling it like it was. And I did learn some stuff.

#52     Jan 19, 2004
  3. Have researched many firms that desire to offer their services...

It seems that it would be a very simple thing to do to set up an information site that lists the firms that have offered to provide performance information instead of chit chat...

A good start would be a site whereby daily blotters are posted...
    along with their representative firms....

The firms that are listed would have either agreed or not agreed to post daily blotters...not chit chat...or other presumptuous forms....

#53     Jan 19, 2004
  4. gaj

gaj

i appreciated the link to his critique of her, but found this part funny:

"And let us be wary of attempts by those without proper humility who endeavor to lead us down the road to ruination with suggestions that are not tested, or based on adequate research, no matter that their intentions might be good, albeit most of the time they are promoters and/or poseurs."

- victor niederhoffer.

it takes on a kettle / pot situation if you've read his books...

#54     Jan 19, 2004
  5. Would you give an example of a " U turn " trade ?
    Hombre

#55     Jan 19, 2004
  6. Yes it was clear. Most of her position trades you have plenty of warning. If shes looking for a morning position trade it will be in the premarket anaylisis. Once in awhile she will put you on a trend day. Be forewarned tho that it is hard to go into this room trading one contract and make money. 95% of the time you will be twiddling your thumbs and speaking from experience this is hard to do for a new trader.

#56     Jan 19, 2004
  7. jem

jem

I forgot the exact details of the uturn but it was set up off the failed one minute flag pattern. My point was that the short skirt was failing so often a fade of it was being considered.

Again, to avoid arguments, let me state I know not every one minute flag qualifies as a short skirt.

I know brandonf's room monitors a pattern he calls a phoenix which is sort of the uturn but better defined in my opinion. So if I was going to learn about it I would speak with Brandonf

#57     Jan 20, 2004
    #58     Jan 20, 2004
  9. Ditch

Ditch

#59     Jan 20, 2004
  10. prox

prox

I trialed her room about a year ago and was impressed with the aftermarket "homework" that she does. A good role model for how prepared a trader should be. That aside, the calls were 2 minute scalps for a couple of ticks, that would be impossible to really trade off. I hesitate to call her methods useless, but it did not influence my trading a bit.

#60     Jan 24, 2004