linda B

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by dandy, Jun 5, 2006.

1. i say the same thing i always say in response to people shilling shit to traders: if you are such a big wheel trader, why are you shilling shit and not focussing on your trading or retired? benevolence? wanting to help other traders? my ass... then why aren't you doing it for free?

the whole cottage industry of systems and crap for sale to traders is all designed by who? people who didn't/can't cut it trading. otherwise, why do it? if you can make millions in the market - you can make hundreds of millions - so why shill shit for 85$ a month? makes no sense and your focus becomes more diluted which = less focus on trading which is the hallmark of what ? a LOSER

#31     Jul 17, 2006
  2. Some folks like to train others. It can be fulfilling to see someone make it, after you have put as much as you can into the effort.

Unfortunately the other side of the coin is that you have to deal with folks who often have no talent and no motivation to work. They often feel that it is the teachers "obligation" to make them a success, and that there is some magic formula that once they know it, will forever work sort of like an "ATM".

Teaching is a craft. It takes a lot of effort to deal with people, and to find an approach that works. It takes away from your trading and makes it hard to keep your concentration. Personally I couldn't do it. I don't how much a person was willing to pay.

The idea of giving instruction for free is fine as long as both parties know what the limits are. I try to help people every year. I don't worry about having to make them profitable because frankly its not my problem. If I can help them to make money so be it. If not, well thats the way it goes.

Steve

#32     Jul 17, 2006
  3. niceneasy,

How do you propose someone prepare themself for trading? What are you willing to pay for in order to get a trading education? Serious question.

#33     Jul 17, 2006
  4. Hispa trader

how do you prepare yourself for trading?

1.) you have to be capitalized. to be able to live for 3-5 years to learn the craft and to have an account to trade with. almost nobody is in this postion or willing to make these sacrifices - which, imho, is why most fail.
    2.) a passion for the markets
    3.) a hard work ethic
    4.) good record keeping system
    5.) good risk management

i think books and tapes and magazines are of value from credible professionals. i happen to know a few people who have written daytrading books, most notably a founder/proprietor of the largest prop trading firm in the world - and they couldn't make it trading. so i guess my point is you have to take all this stuff with a grain of salt and another method of "protecting your capital" is not to fall victim to the hucksterism.....

my opinion is that a self professed "trading professional" who shills shit for a living obviously is not that good at trading. and face it - there are tens of thousands of these things.

If you want to buy a "system" - I promise you it won't work. If there was such a theoretical system - why wouldn't it's owner exploit it and make millions/billions of dollars? i will tell you why - because you are being exploited. what's the saying "those that cannot do - teach". ive seen it before a hundred times. guys can;t make it trading so they set up advisory service, become brokers, set up websites. happens on the floor, off the floor. and there are always lemming willing to buy this shit. why? becasue they want a shortcut and there simply is not one.

i dunno - it just pisses me off a bit as much as when guys try to advertise this crap for free under aliases which is probably what started this thread in the first place.

I simply do not believe ANYBODY who is selling shit to other traders because it makes no sense.

Another great example is Pristine. Slick marketing. They offer courses, books, tapes, newsletters, scanners. THey actually email you trades. Do you think if this worked they would be shilling it for 29$? NO. They are hucksters. And good for them. But if you are a trader - and you get sucked into this - you are going to lose and they are going to get rich

I personally have made billions in the market, and I'd like to show you how..... Simply send me 85$ a month and I'll also send you a free cheese grater so you can grate up a big pile of what i am shilling to you

#34     Jul 17, 2006
  5. lwlee

lwlee

she's a GuuuRuuuu.

#35     Jul 17, 2006
  6. traderX33

traderX33

LOL

Wouldn't you have to be a profitable trader to do that ???

You've got to be ET's biggest joke :D :D :D

LBR is kwel but she's only hung in here this long because she's had 50k worth of income every month from students, I highly doubt she would have lasted otherwise !!!!!

#36     Jul 17, 2006
  7. niceneasy,

Good post. I agree with you completely. However, my suggestion to bigbrent was to pay $85 for a one month subscription to get all of Linda's class transcripts, make copies and read them at his leisure - definitely worth the money.

New traders would do well heeding your advice about all of the shills out there selling snake oil systems, seminars, etc. No one book, seminar, or purchased system will make you a consistently, profitable trader. Anyway, I haven't said anything that hasn't been said a million times on these boards, but I guess it's worth repeating. Since bigbrent commented that he likes Linda's approach, I proposed a relatively inexpensive way to learn more about her methodology. That's all.

#37     Jul 17, 2006
  8. #38     Jul 17, 2006
  9. You lucky dog you

#39     Jul 17, 2006

10. You know the first thing I notice is that you only have 1 post.

So what that means is you're an alias.

And that means you're such a fucking loser, that no one here would take you seriously if you posted with your real handle.

That has to hurt.

I think I will leave it at that. No need to mention what a pathetic fuckup you are. You do that every time you post.

Thanks for making my point for me

Steve

#40     Jul 17, 2006