Lind-Waldock

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by Baruch, Jun 18, 2003.

1. Very expensive. And very bad service.:mad:

2. Can you elaborate on your service comment?

Thanks.

3. They were good until some years ago...

But:
    - they have missed the online revolution
    - they were bought by Refco and service has been quite bad since then indeed

4. it is the commissions ( much higher for e minis than the likes of IB

or other electronic trade platform brokers )

perhaps their fx division can compete with the likes of gain capital

5. chessman

chessman Guest

I opened an account with Lind-Waldock in 1986, traded with them for almost 15 years. They had one of the best order desks and customer service was great, I think after Barry Lind left or sold out to Refco things just went down hill.

Its interesting how companies come and go, I don't know why they just could never develop a competitive online system. A good example of a company that failed to keep pace with changing markets...

6. Biog

Biog

Exactly!

I traded with them from '97-98, just horrible customer service. Would never recommend them.

7. BigMike

BigMike

I interviewed with them for what was supposed to be an fx prop-trading position back in 1998. Since I have both a finance and c.s. background, they told me that before i started trading I would have to build a front end system for them and then start trading small after that. I left the interview with the impression that there never was a trading position there, just a need for some tech development. Needless to say, I passed on this "opportunity" and have had a sour taste about them ever since.

That is all.

BigMike