Limiting Beliefs

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by 3dog, Feb 26, 2002.

1. Ask yourself why the market is around?

For companies to raise capital.

When you put your capital into a company it helps raise the price so that they can have dividends eventually to take it out or use part of the stock price to purchase another smaller competitor.

Robert Tharp

#21     Feb 27, 2002
  2. 3Dog,Patefern,Bsam and all; '' The quickest way to make a huge mistake is to think that you [or i]can't make small ones '' [ Stock Apprentice wisdom ,quote ] :)

#22     Feb 27, 2002
    Frederick Foresight likes this.
  3. BSAM

BSAM

murray:

At least you got off the period key!!:) LOL. Keep up the good work.

Regards

BSAM

#23     Feb 27, 2002
  4. Thanks for writing it so I could read it, and it is sage advice.

#24     Feb 27, 2002
  5. Handle123

Handle123

Occasionally, when I am in low mood, I will log out and see what those I have totally blocked say about me, same ones always there saying something negative and I do get very happy about it. For when you have arrived in some fashion, there is always that flock saying naughty words and make up stories, they have so little going on in their lives I occupy their time, and I am very delighted they put me in more print, real I do. Just shows me their level of narcissism and antisocial behavior. Keep it up bois, I find it funny and laugh, makes my day that others need me in their lives to get through life.

"How positively you see others is linked to how happy, kind-hearted and emotionally stable you are, according to new research. In contrast, negative perceptions of others are linked to higher levels of narcissism and antisocial behavior. "

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2010/08/100802165441.htm

#25     Nov 27, 2018
    Sprout likes this.
  6. Sig

Sig

You're essentially asking the world to take your core beliefs as true and make you feel good about what you're doing. Several folks have done just that. A far harder but potentially much more life-changing approach is to examine your core beliefs which most people have never really done.
    Very few people "earn" their success. Most of us who are successful won a number of lotteries to get there. We were born in the United States or another prosperous country. We were born in a moderately well-off portion of that country. We were born with above average intelligence. We went to at least moderately good schools for our primary education. We were born to a stable, relatively middle class family with either educated parents or parents who valued education. We were born with white skin. And you could go on and on and on. A very very few people born without those things will be successful based on "earning" their way, vanishingly few. I don't know about you, but I know if I'd been born a poor black kid in backwoods South Sudan with a below average IQ I'd be living in a hut now no matter how much hard work, dedication, discipline, personal responsibility I put forth.
    So first step, consider jettisoning the idea that you've "earned" your position in life and adopting the idea that you've been blessed in life and managed to not throw away those blessings and instead honed and magnified them. Accept the idea that you're never going to need to work as hard or have as much dedication, discipline, or personal responsibility to achieve a given X as the vast majority of the people in the world would to achieve that same X. Life's not fair at all, and you got the positive end of that stick. At the point you accept that, you have the choice of being crushed by the realization that it wasn't "all you" and in fact really little of the success you've enjoyed was "earned", or you can take advantage of the fact that you were blessed to use some of those advantages to help those who weren't blessed with them. Look no further than your nearest inner city or rural school kid struggling with a poor school, poor family life, and unlucky genes. And trade away with no more guilt than you have for being of above average intelligence or being born in the U.S. or any of the other many advantages you have. You're using what you were given, no reason to feel guilty about that if you're helping those who weren't given the same.

#26     Nov 28, 2018
    Frederick Foresight and Sprout like this.
  7. ironchef

ironchef

You can do what Soros does, give part of your three in a row to charity and help those less fortunate. Maybe just maybe like Soros, you will then keep having those three in a row days.

It is not whether what you do is worthwhile, many other professions also have no redeeming value when you strip down to the core of feeding and clothing mankind. What is important is what you do with the money you make.

#27     Nov 28, 2018
  8. ironchef

ironchef

Can you run that by me one more time sir?

#28     Nov 28, 2018
    murray t turtle likes this.
  9. %%
    To keep it simple; enjoy Jack Schwager top treading books + Proverbs,[enjoyment] is one of the main reasons to post.Stocks are not a zero sum game; some markets are.As far as ''what does trading[capitalism] provide ??'' Plenty; but dont make trading[work]your whole life:cool::cool:

#29     Nov 29, 2018
  10. ironchef

ironchef

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
    Thank you.

I enjoyed reading all his books but please tell me how and what I can learn from the great traders, e.g. the turtles?

#30     Nov 29, 2018
    murray t turtle likes this.