Limited Partnership

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Trader1499, Dec 10, 2010.

  1. Someone close to me wants me to help them in their trading account and actually make some trades. I am not willing to quit my job and try and become a broker and get a series 7 license just to trade for this person. I understand power of attorney allows this. But I would be paid eventually with good results. I'm researching everywhere. Even the sec site.

    It's not really clear to me what exactly I need to do to ensure if I help the person it is completely legal, but of course without the hassle of trying to find a brokerage to work for and all that. It's just one person I'd do this for. Is a limited partnership the way to do this?

    If anyone knows about this please tell me what you know.

    Thank you.