Limit Up on beans and corn...

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by TraDaToR, Jun 11, 2008.

1. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

Commodity bubble round 2 on ags?

I took long soybeans just 2 ticks under the limit, but didn't manage to take some corn

I hope this will work out. I will unwind at the beginning of the overnight session if it stays limit...

What do you think?

2. I don't think its a bubble, everyone is still very anchored to cheap $2-2.50 corn, $3 wheat, and $6 beans and can't deal with this move as being rational. There was always ample supply but with a growing population and greater demand for meat in the 3rd world, and higher fertilizer and fuel costs, we are never going to see those prices from 2 years ago again. They aren't making more farmland on this planet.

Short term, the grains are overbought, but bull markets often stay overbought for long periods of time.

3. ess1096

ess1096

Just watch the news. Iowa, Indiana and Illinois are flooded. Too late to replant corn. Corn can see $7 to $10 if the weather doesn't let up and is followed by a dry hot summer.

To the OP, you can still get in on DBA calls or sell the puts.

4. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

Thanks ess

What do you think of my strategy to always try to be involved in the sense of the limit ?

I've tried it for one month and it has been great so far.

5. Its a good strategy except at the top, but I don't think we're close to the top yet so it works for now....

6. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

ok thanks detective... Will watch the charts before 'til now

7. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

Hey, nobody on ET wants to be short 43000 Corn contracts and fill my order?:D :p

8. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

That would be a mission for my man Evan Dooley... I'm sure the guy would do it :D

9. no, the name is LimitDown...

:D

10. Cutten

Cutten

I think no one gets rich trying to scalp a few points in a bull market.

It's the sitting tight that makes you the money, remember?

#10     Jun 11, 2008