Limit order calls

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by dtmike, Jul 21, 2009.

1. dtmike

dtmike

Are there any services out there that make live limit order calls and will give you enough time to put on and take off your trade? I am only interested in daytrading and not holding overnight.

2. rickf

rickf

Set up a bracket order to buy at a limit and sell at your profit point. One order and you're done.

3. dtmike

dtmike

Looking for a Trading Room service that makes market calls but uses limit orders for both entry and exit (stop and/or profit) that you are able to put on the exact trade as the moderator. Figured this is just a newbies wish and doesn't really exist. I've been a member of other trading rooms but found it difficult to duplicate what moderator was doing.

4. rickf

rickf

Before you get slammed by others here let me say your instinct is probably correct -- newbies want the "live calls" and to emulate someone else's work much like a green-yellow-red magic box like you see on infomercials.[1]

With respect you're better off finding a few momentum stocks via a screener, track them for a while, paper trade for a while, and then do live trades. Some services offer screens of stocks as possible items of interest to trade, obviously. You can probably Google around for them. At least by the sound of your question and explanation, you sound like you're not expecting miracles, which is a sign of newbie maturity! :)

Or just trade fX or futures and you'll get enough vol to trade with quite nicely.

[1] Typical newbies (myself included once) tend to want to shadow others' trades, but end up blowing themselves away. Ya gotta find what works for you as a trading system or style and remember that what may work for me may not work for you, and trying to match someone's trade entry-for-entry is not only financial suide but will never let you become YOUR OWN trader!
    You know the old saying, "Teach a man to fish...."

5. dtmike

dtmike

Thanks rickf. I appreciate your honesty and advice. I welcome any other comments from other ET members. I totally agree with your last sentence. I figured if there was a trade calling room out there that both educated and had an undisputable track record you can have the best of both worlds. Again, just a newbies pipe dream.

6. rickf

rickf

No worries -- we've all been there, trust me. :)