Limbaugh

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Dr. Zhivodka, Feb 8, 2009.

1. White-neck squirrels are pests that carry diseases and dig up crops and ruin agriculture. They're totally different than gray mountain squirrels whom I feed almonds straight from my hand.

In terms of the "Fairness Doctrine," I think I'll wait until Alex Jones tells AMT4SWA how to think on the issue then and only then shall we know.

#11     Feb 9, 2009
  2. Because there are about 20 million oxygen-deprived critters like you who have been dropped on their head as children and who take him seriously?

#12     Feb 9, 2009
  3. Arnie

Arnie

If that's your idea of a "trap", maybe Obama should go back to ACORN. :D

#13     Feb 9, 2009
  4. Lets say Limbaugh is as worthless as you believe. You could compare Limbaugh to a highschool basketball player going against Lebron James. Obama is Lebron James. Lebron James, after hearing the highschool basketball player talk trash about him, strikes back and starts talking trash about the highschool player.

Lebron James dedicates an entire press confrence making sure to tell the world that he is better than the highschool player.

If you ever saw Lebron James do this what would your initial thoughts of him be? My initial feeling would be confusion as to why Lebron cares to talk to trash about this highschool basketball player.

You never see that actual situation play out though. Why? The reason is because highschool players do not pose as a threat. However it definitely makes sense for Lebron James and Kobe Bryant to talk trash to each other because they are legitimate opponents.

Once again it doesn't matter if you believe Limbaugh is the scum of the earth. What matters is that Obama has legitimized Limbaugh as a formidable opponent by speaking about him the first week of his presidency.

#14     Feb 9, 2009
  5. Indeed. Let's.

And as worthless as he is, it is 20 million people like you who give him a false air of legitimacy. This is why your high school basketball player analogy does not hold water.

In any event, I think it was an interesting move that Obama had mentioned Limbaugh and effectively held him up as a leading example of the other side of the debate. That alone should have given any thinking person pause.

#15     Feb 9, 2009
  6. ThunderPussy (ZZZzzz Jr.),

Rush Limbaugh, and his audience are intellectually superior to you and your idol, Al Franken.

#16     Feb 9, 2009
  7. Yes but if Limbaugh only has a small fraction of the American public who politicially agree with him than why would he mention Limbaugh at all?

My main argument here is that Obama didn't do himself any good because he displayed Rush as the leader of conservatism. Lets say 100 million people decide to listen to Rush to see what he really says. 99 million could decide they don't like Rush but 1 million might decide they like Rush. In other words Obama was one big Limbaugh advertisement for a day.

If 99 million people decide they don't like Limbaugh they are not going to correlate all his listeners as idiots like you. Why is that? It's because they are moderates and they don't give a shit.

Again it doesn't matter what you or I think. The reality of the situation is what matters.

#17     Feb 9, 2009
  8. Precisely. Whats also comical is that he couldn't figure that out w/o having to conceive of that short-sighted analogy. To be associated with Limbaugh in serious circles is anathema unexpressed due to his popularity amongst the idiot culture

#18     Feb 9, 2009
  9. Awwwww Omega you're allowed to directly address my statements if you're not scared.

You're like Thunderdogs and Dr. Z's strap on's.

#19     Feb 9, 2009
  10. My you are shallow and like most Americans bribeable to a fault. Ever hear of tyranny of the majority? A person who has personal Convictions that are arrived at from years of reflection ( sometimes known as wisdom ) doesn't sell out because the mob demands it of him.

#20     Feb 9, 2009