Limbaugh, Racist, or comic genius?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by CaptainObvious, Jan 28, 2011.

1. Lucrum

Lucrum

Although I hear what you're saying, that's considerably worse than making fun of someones accent. To answer the question, in what context was the hypothetical insult made? As an obvious joke? I doubt I'd think much of it. (Besides, she only weighs 103 lbs or so and most consider her fairly attractive so no one who has seen her would say that in the first place.) Was the hypothetical insult said to my face as an obvious provocation? Then, depending somewhat on the location and surrounding circumstances, sure I'd probably rip his arm off and beat him to death with it. But like I said your hypothetical insult is much worse than what Rush said, IMO.

Nope.

#11     Jan 28, 2011
  2. The man, yes an entertainer of sorts, has developed an audience that likes hearing what he is preaching. He is long past being a source of news or viable politcal commentary, many of his supporters admit to that. Some thrive on it. Some call others names. There is a bit of a trend here, nothing earth-shattering in the fact that certain "groups" have their heroes, and if they start acting in a civil manner, they will no longer follow that leader.

Same can be said for Olberman I suppose. One persons fingernails on chalk boards is another persons mesiah. Too bad really.

c

#12     Jan 28, 2011
  3. Would it be enough if Rush bowed the next time he sees Hu? You know, like Obama does.

#13     Jan 28, 2011
  4. I still wonder where all the vitriol comes from regarding this. In most social circles, one would shake hands or pehaps bow, some even curtsy. Simple respect - certainly not a meant to be subservient. The leader of the free world would hardly feel subservient, just good manners in my read on it.

Nixon did it. Mr. Bush senior did it. No big deal. My feelings.

c

#14     Jan 28, 2011
  5. Hello

Hello

The only thing that would make liberals happy would be if Rush kneeled down and gave Hu a blowjob, then he would be an interracial, homo, a true hero in the eyes of a liberal. :D

#15     Jan 28, 2011
  6. Beat me to it! Rush is a base entertainer who caters to a base audience. Not unlike many comedians. However insulting he may be, to censor him is against our core principles as a nation. Let the market take care of Rush. No audience, no advertisers, no advertisers, no Rush. If Rush does apologize, he will do it tongue in cheek.

Bottom line, he has no civic responsibility to anyone.

#16     Jan 29, 2011
  7. Eight

Eight

I like the cut of Limbaugh's jib.. he realized a long time ago that serious discussion is a waste of time. He embodies that very idea. One of his publications was a dictionary of liberalspeak if I recall... the definition of "Racist" is "anybody that wins an argument with a Liberal"

#17     Jan 29, 2011
  8. Rosie o'donnell did the same exact thing a few years ago and nobody on the left said a word.

Case closed, nothing to see here.

#18     Jan 29, 2011
  9. And Limbaugh is rapidly becoming about as relevant as Rosie.

#19     Jan 29, 2011
  10. Rush is a lucky dude and smart and hard working. I don't know if he really is who he comes across on the radio, it's probably all an act, just like the millionaire TV preachers. He found a flock of people (sheep) needing someone to follow. That's right he attracts followers (sheep). If you listen to Rush, Beck, Hannity regularly or who ever your hero is you are a sheep. That is why so many religious people follow these social/political gurus, they are trained to worship and honor and follow the leader. Rush knows many of his followers are fools. Have fun sheep.

#20     Jan 29, 2011