Lil' Timmy Geithner Owned by Kevin Brady

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Ivanovich, Nov 19, 2009.

1. piezoe

piezoe

I take it that you are not that fond of Geithner. Fine with me. I wouldn't want Treasury policies to be determined by political popularity polls however. I don't imagine you would either.

#51     Nov 22, 2009
  2. piezoe

piezoe

No. I see these folks as professionals hired by the administration, and approved by congress, for their abilities and knowledge. In my view they answer to the Congress and The President, who in turn answer to the American People. I don't see them as answering to the people directly. In fact, I think that would be a bad idea.

#52     Nov 22, 2009
  3. It is abundantly clear that Geithner was appointed with Wall St. in mind and Wall St. only. In this case it would be a good idea for him to bow to pressure and leave as his performance is proving contrary to the interests of America as a whole. The sooner we rid ourselves of these compromised individuals (including Summers and Emanuel), the quicker recovery can begin.

#53     Nov 22, 2009
  4. wmb

wmb

So....... will he resign or not?

#54     Nov 23, 2009
  5. Not likely.

#55     Nov 23, 2009
  6. Landis,

You're not listening to me. Or if you are, you're hearing only what you want. I'm not blaming Timmay for the stimulus package. I'm finding it hilarious that the bozo thinks it works. Claims it works. Claims it worked, when the report by the government is so clearly fraudulent it's not even funny. I mean, couldn't they at least fudged numbers in congressional districts that existed?

#56     Nov 23, 2009
  7. I'm moving this to the political forum. You all can carry on about politics all you want. And for my last word on the subject, I posted this with no political intent (despite Landis trying to make me go that way). Both this administration and the previous ones are the same, crappy politics.

If I were to attack the Bush years, the republicans would jump all over me with empty reasoning. The fact that Timmay is in the current administration just makes the democrats do the same.

I'm out. Argue amongst yourselves until you exhaust yourselves. As usual.

#57     Nov 23, 2009
  8. Brady or Geithner?

#58     Nov 23, 2009
  9. Lucrum

Lucrum

Too bad he doesn't believe in paying his taxes, like the rest of us have to.

#59     Nov 23, 2009
  10. Several U.S. policy makers consider JPMorgan Chase Chief Executive Jamie Dimon as a potential successor to U.S. Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner, the New York Post said, citing sources.

The sooner the better.

#60     Nov 23, 2009