Lil' Timmy Geithner Owned by Kevin Brady

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Ivanovich, Nov 19, 2009.

1. Kal982

Kal982

lol

#11     Nov 19, 2009
  2. jem

jem

The most telling comment was

...the federal reserve - established by congress - .

They fed is taking the heat from an electorate which is starting to understand the federal boards are owned by the member banks.

The member banks have caused a massive inflation over the last fifty years and they have timmy sit there and pretend he is doing a good job for our nation.

#12     Nov 19, 2009
  3. Mnphats

Mnphats

No he didn't your correct. But that was the first words out of Geithner's mouth. Brady also had a good come back to Geithner's typical blame Bush if you heard that.

#13     Nov 19, 2009
  4. #14     Nov 19, 2009
  5. Billions to prop up institutions that would have accepted less than 100% on the dollar, for one. Supporting the idea that the stimulus plan created/saved jobs despite the absurdity on the govt. website referring to jobs in congressional districts that don't exist, and the fraud surrounding it. Lastly, yes, his hilariously stupid "We want a strong dollar" mantra when everything he (and Banana Ben) continue to do is about crushing the dollar.

For starters.

At the end of the day, it is our (yours and mine) money that is going...where? Who knows? We have no transparency. We have no idea where all this money is going, and we're pissed off about it. And the Secretary of the Treasury - the guy at the helm - shows no indication of giving two shits.

#15     Nov 19, 2009
  6. The look on Timmy's face throughout is great, and his smug ass deserves it.

#16     Nov 19, 2009
  7. And you didn't appear to give two shits about how the Dollar dropped 40% during 8 years of George Bush, or how Bush was able to give $17 billion to an essentially "bankrupt" GM as one of his last executive orders as President due to the way in which HIS Treasury Secretary (Paulson) created/designed TARP, not too mention how the Fed Chairman that he appointed bailed-out AIG to the tune of hundreds of billions of dollars!

Sorry Ivan, but I think that you are sadly mistaken and got your "time-line" wrong if you are seeking to blame GEITHNER for all of this.

Let's face it, there are people that have raped and pillaged this Country to no end from the previous Administration . . . one Bush appointee after another.

This has been going on for years ever since the head of FERC and Bush appointee Pat Woods turned the "other" way while ENRON was raping the California power grid back in 2000/20001 - - - yet you want to hang the guy that has come in to clean up the "mess" because you don't like the "broom" that he's using.

How absurd.

#18     Nov 20, 2009
  8. spinn

spinn

if wr blame bush for the next 100 years obama will be able to quietly raise taxes to 75%

get over it liberals.....hes been gone a year

#19     Nov 20, 2009
  9. Landis,

You're zeroing in on my blame for Geithner and looking at this as a political argument. That's a mistake, my friend. I'm not saying Timmy is to blame for all of this. Bush certainly was part of the problem, as was Banana Ben this whole time and Greenspan before him.

But Obama was supposed to be about "change". That's why I voted for him, and I'm sorry I did because he put the same ol' folks in charge. They could have used the financial collapse last year as an excuse to bring some real change (like advertised) into play. But they didn't. Timmay came in and did the same things as Paulson before him, and Snow before him. All of them idiots for the "Strong dollar policy". You seem intent on pointing out that Bush and Co., were at fault for much of this - and you're correct. They were. But were being the key word here. Now it's Timmay's watch and he's doing nothing different. So now, the blame lies at his feet because HE is here, and NOT doing a damned thing to correct the problem. As the old adage goes, if you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.

I am glad to see he was brought down a peg or two.

#20     Nov 20, 2009