Like the Maxwell House coffee commercial said "Good to the last drop"

Discussion in 'Politics' started by OPTIONAL777, Jan 8, 2003.

1. SADDAM WILL FIGHT 'TO THE LAST DROP OF BLOOD'
    Wed Jan 08 2002 10:32:53 ET

Saddam Hussein will not leave his country and will ``fight to the last drop of blood,'' Iraq's ambassador to Moscow told Russia's Interfax news agency Wednesday, responding to U.S. Defense Secretary Donald H. Rumsfeld's statement that Saddam could avoid war by leaving Iraq.

``Saddam Hussein enjoys excellent health, he is in a determined mood, is in perfect control of the situation and believes in our victory,'' Interfax quoted Khalaf as saying in an interview.

``I'd like to assure you that (he) will continue to defend his homeland. He is one of the leaders who will never leave his country and will fight to the last drop of blood,'' said Khalaf, who recently returned from Iraq, where he and other Iraqi ambassadors met with Saddam.

Interfax said Khalaf was responding to a comment from Rumsfeld, who said Tuesday that one way for Saddam to avoid war ``would be that Saddam Hussein would pick up and leave the country tonight.'' Rumsfeld said the Iraqi leader could also ``turn over a new leaf and cooperate with the U.N. and disgorge all of his capabilities.''

Khalaf also dismissed what he said were media reports saying Saddam might seek refuge in Russia, calling them ``absolute nonsense'' and ``part of Washington and London's psychological war against Iraq,'' Interfax reported.

2. GRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!
    [​IMG]

3. Babak

Babak

lol reminds me of that Monty Python sketch were the black knight has had his legs and arms chopped off and shouts hautily at his opponent :

"Where you going? I'm not finished with you yet!! Come back here and fight!"

:D

[​IMG]

4. didn't he say the same thing about kuwait in 1990?
    last i saw of these valiant fighters they were begging to be taken as POW's ...so they could get a hot meal

5. With the intent of the US and UK to rid the world of Saddam Hussein, Hussein has no choice but to die in battle. If he were to step aside he would be assassinated. He must be captured. Of course, the CIA will be right there when he is, and he is on the CIA "may be killed" list. So it will be a win-win-win situation, he will be gone, we won't have to pay to keep him as a POW, and he will die a martyr... a most cherished death in his view.

:mad:

6. He could hang out with Bin Laden, that must be a safe place, we sure as heck don't know where it is......

7. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

That is a brilliant observation!:)