... like a Hershey for Dummies? Yes - but not quite

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by eto, Dec 7, 2009.

1. trendo

trendo

Were you a patient or were you a therapist? Both?

#51     Dec 15, 2009
  2. BSAM

BSAM

:D :p :D

#52     Dec 15, 2009
  3. [​IMG]
    How dare you question my sanity!
    Love , Jack

you can see the SCT bootcamp in the distance

#53     Dec 15, 2009
  4. I have had connections to psychiatry since 1966.

I lived in Switzerland and while there I associated with the Jung Institute. I was given a chance to study and then join the faculty.

Later I needed psychiatric help in the late 80's. I had this in NJ, PA and later in AZ. I had to deal with PTSD and I still do.

Since arriving in AZ I have used POA's to make it possible for psychiatrists and family therapists and others to contribute 20% of each of their time to free work with the underpriviledged.

In the late 60's and early 70's I completed about 10 years of considering learning and had a 100% sample pre post during thse years for aptitude shifts. In terms of the SAT's it was 123 points over the period. This is a 1.23 sigma as a consequence of the curved scoring during of that period. A theory emerged and it was put on the record as a series of lectures under the auspices of the psychiatry and education departments at Michigan. ETS correspondence ws discouraging since they stood firm on what happened wasn't possible. Personal growth is a super subject to deal with for a decade. I know recognize that using Q and A for classes is classic. I did the A's and the students did the Q's. they got a emo for the course instead of their doing performance. Except that learning to formulate Q's about the unknown is how growth is btter accelerated.

The most rapid prblem or issue resolution kind of thing I have experienced is trekking in the wilderness with couples in therapy who want to solve problems and reach higher ground. Using native American or First Nations therapy in the wilderness is so rewarding.

In the use of a stream to throw away problems while sitting on a rock in the stream has a universal sequence. the person may actual realize the sequence. It is not important to do the rewalization but when it is debriefed it is a deep deep realization of how a person lives and deals with things.

Being an explorer and getting to go places and discover is also a personally envigorating experience. Its not being first but more being in places where humans are unknown to animals. Using llamas to explore made it possible for even Dahl sheep to let us walk among then and their young of the year.

I have always studied the mind.

Trading turns out to be so unworldly since the connection to needs and their satisfaction is almost instantaineous. Listening to those who hav deprived themselves permanently is quite a process for me. destitution comes in many forms and relieving it is so complex when dealing with a spent mind. Poignant to be sure. Wastedness......

Watch the flow of the OCD's activity you triggered. Good job....

#54     Dec 15, 2009
  5. trendo

trendo

What traumatic event(s) did you witness? Do you take medication for your PTSD?

#55     Dec 15, 2009
  6. You are in a fine fettle, Jack! At the peak of your "game." Go get 'em. I am enjoying the hell out of this!

#56     Dec 15, 2009
  7. Jack, was/is the PTSD from your huge trading losses?

#57     Dec 15, 2009
  8. Since this is chit chat and the place where the trival is addressed, I'll go along with your curiousity.

My first instance was on a snowy night in February. We were to host an annual Valentine's party. My wife was Julian Jaynes protege at Princeton. His specialty was the bicameral mind (see below). An 18 year old, uninsured underage intoxicated driver was driving a second hand car he had just bought and had left a bar.

It was two weeks before the last broken bone was discovered. Skull injuries changed a lot of things. The jaws of life sometimes fail and time is consumed as a consequence.

When I came to Phoenix a suggestion was made that became part of my therapy. I went to school and got trained, licensed and carried medical malpractice insurance until I aged out of doing trauma work. I could handle time being called, etc. and lost track of the number of times. My team specialty was as a pumper (providing manual compressions on hearts that did not work). I monitored and supported happenings of and around the heart area. Most criticals can not be drained quickly enough to allow heart function. So this was not a cause of PTSD for me as it was for trauma victims who survived. My mind was complemented with medical experiences on the other side of trauma and it allowed a better balance through experience in a good environment of support.

PTSD doesn't go away completely. It is managed intelligently. A lot of people, military mostly, I have as collegues are on meds. I do not take meds for PTSD.

You may want to satisfy your PTSD curiousity by doing searches rather than interviewing me.

Most trauma is a consequence of drugs, alcohol and firearms. Driving under the inflence causes deaths and permanent damage to others.

Perhaps you can understand why I deal with the OCD fuck offs here the way I do. Their steady flow of bullshit is humor to me. I'm not hard hearted at all but these OCD's are really funny to observe. They live in a wasteland and always will.

I am constantly the subject of riddicule. Largely, because of other's irresponsibility. Fairness is hard to achieve and that will not change.

My involvement in trading concerns a paradigm shift in the way markets can be used by people to extract capital and then apply it to local concerns and issues. I actually see many models being created for problem solving from the ground up. My view is that markets make solving problems borderless.

Right now my gloves are on loan and in Antarctica. AND I know, all over the world people are solving local problems by using money, time and models constructed over the years. Clean water, alcohol in fuel and DDG for protein feed, and the EIS are significant results of work made possible by having resources available. Now, we have more than a critical mass to passforward the PEP and it applications: PVT, SCT and SSR.

The moderator moved the thread to chit chat....funny guy. Who knows if the thread could have been constructive?

As a person, I am probably different than most. Life experiences are handled or you get another chance to handle them later. Serendipity struck over and over in my life so I went with the flow.

Trading and making money is easy and it is always there for the taking. The high failure rate is simply a consequence of the barrier being so low. A lot can be learned from those who fail and a repeatedly explain their shortcommings. I draw a lot of their anger since they need a simple means to act out all the time. I am a very large target in their minds.

#58     Dec 16, 2009
  9. As I recover from the surgury and lenses being replaced; I have found getting my brain eye function to its new state (by the end of January, possibly) takes patience; two neat things are happening: geometry is working on charts and here, I can read fairly easily what I know I typed. Straight reading involves fixations and flyback the left margins.... that doesn't work to well as yet.

So have a laugh ... translation is a funny concept.....

Sorry to hear of your impairment...

Did I ever tell you about my conversation with a grizzly in the Yukon? We decided not to share the lunch he had on the avalanche shute where we met.... lol...

#59     Dec 16, 2009
  10. Well, Jack, I would accuse you of modesty for not sharing that accident event and outcome before, but I would be lying. I wish the hell you had shared that earlier. No wonder you don't give a fuck. They tried to kill you and failed. As Churchill so famously wrote during the Boer War, "There is nothing more exhilarating than to be shot at without effect." Thank you for your kind wishes, but my infirmities are as nothing compared to yours. I am one upped. Except for mental infirmities. I am mad as a hatter. You are merely the white rabbit. Not even Six Degrees of Jack Hershey with your Jaynes connection. A brilliant man. I don't believe a word he wrote, but he gets points for being intellectually audacious. Is someone reading this to you? What does he or she translate when I write "fuck?" My sincerest best wishes for the recovery of your full visual faculties. Write Oliver Sacks and inspire his next book. I don't believe he has yet written about visual reintegration. When you get done with all your other medical miracles, I stand ready to provide the psychotherapy you so desperately need. You don't strike me as the kind of guy who would pack a .44 magnum, so how is the grizzly's trading going?

#60     Dec 16, 2009