... like a Hershey for Dummies? Yes - but not quite

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by eto, Dec 7, 2009.

1. eto

eto

The first rule in ET – Disrespect

My query is moved to chit chat. That’s somewhat understandable because the mods probably knew what was coming. Nevertheless, the atmosphere of disrespect keeps a serious question from being exposed to those who might actually answer the real question

Then the lectures about about transferring vs translating, etc come. Having read other threads, this was also predictable. I find wisdom in that post too but …
    As has been explained a couple times, this was not a request for a Hershey for Dummies. It was a request for Hershey for Artists Who Don’t Speak That Kind of English And Who Are Learning Challenged..
    Presented with a Pollock artist who doesn’t understand the words, some would say a brief translation period might be a good starting place… at least a better starting place than disrespect…
    Even though it has a real world application, the method has an “artificial grammar” (Reber)… Even though implicit learning is always 3 or 4 steps ahead of explicit learning, explicit learning is still integral – especially at the beginning.

And of course those who have come to not value the method for whatever reason must drop in and show their disrespect. I seriously appreciate the concern – but that’s the equivalent of the “Stay away from black boxes” consumer truism. That’s generally impeccable advice… but I once had a black box that returned 1500% in a year… never say never…
    Basically, we could find serious fallacies in every other trading method too -
    it’s not the tool, it’s not the user – it’s the user and the tool…
    There’s not ‘room’ to disrespect them all in this thread…
    imo there’s not room to disrespect this method in this thread either…

And then folded in throughout, of course, we get the disrespect of requiring me to qualify myself to receive answers to simple trading questions. Check the double edged “where do you see wisdom?” questions. Well, seeing Hershey’s wisdom is not making a conclusion about the efficacy of his methods. Here's a simple start to seeing the ‘wisdom’ - dumb asses are rarely, if ever, even drawn to the aboriginal style of teaching…
    Most will read that as disrespectful .... it’s not…
    And as to what other methods I’ve ‘looked’ at – that is totally irrelevant…

Each one of these areas of disrespect serves to close minds, restrict energy flow, retard learning. If no one beside Hershey, SpyderTrader, et al. can describe it - then so be it. But my request still respectfully stands to those who may actually understand the request..…
    Does anyone have a plain English description of the Hershey method ?

#21     Dec 9, 2009
  2. Yes: "Complex, useless, bedazzles newbies, useless, refuses all requests for proof, useless, exists mainly to satisfy his Guru Wannabe desire, useless, etc."

synonyms: Nose hair, Wart, anal itch, athlete's foot

antonyms: Useful, Profitable, Edge, Early Retirement

#22     Dec 9, 2009
  3. The Hershey method tracks order flow of multiple fractals on a one time frame chart(5 minute).These fractals are determined by the Price/Volume relationship.

#23     Dec 9, 2009
  4. In short, The Price / Volume Relationship tracks market sentiment across multple fractals simultaneously.

- Spydertrader

#24     Dec 9, 2009
  5. trendo

trendo

Here you go: (I don't get it. But your writing style is so similar to the one below, that you just might "get it.")

"The posters on this thread have only a superficial undstanding of the true nature of the beast. They just don't get it. Sadly they nevr will. A complete set of data objectiviety processed and collatoroly processed, while indicator based andd supposedly non biased can only be seen as a consaquence of itirative refinement and gaussian fistulas.

It is only thru the various delineatioons can the matrix even be glimpsed. The larger matrix or true matrix can be seen at the point of market flow which assures or at least assumes data which impedes it. Its like pissing into the wind. Conventional orthodoxy be dammed.

So the question is how to ge around this impediment to undstand the dynamic nature of such a flow that it becomes routine and second nature to those who have give inquiryw to such. Really quite simple when you think about it."

#25     Dec 9, 2009
  6. To the OP:

Here are a few things that may be helpful to you:

1. Those who undertake to become proficient in the paradigm, and its applications also make a commitment to pass it forward to others. This is a time consuming decision for them. For you, you would have to provide assurances to them, probably. Mostly everyone passing it forward uses the medical model. The model does not involve translation it turns out.

2. Your focus on disrespect and how you orient to others may get someone to help you out. So far you have gotten some good input from several people who practice the approach. Others who are fearful of the approach or anyone spending time trying to learn it, have posted their remarks. A lot of people have failed to learn the approach because they focus on other things than building their minds so their minds do not become differentiated.

3. At this point, a lot of time has passed and you didn't help anyone understand your needs. You keep repeating something that is incompatible to anyone who would take on the obligation of passing the approach forward to you. You are interested in improving your annual returns which are in the 1500% range net of the expense of a black box. So the paradigm, etc., is an improvement over your past performance.

4. What you are considering doing is already going on continually and in many places. So far, you cannot join in for the reasons you expressed. We always feel that anyone can do the process of becoming effective and efficient. Usually, however most people decide to elect out, because what is offered is different than what they insist upon.

5. The Art stuff you mentioned, is another example of mental considerations. It shows your current level of sophistication regarding how people go through acquiring skills and knowledge. There seems to be an experience aspect in the mix. You may notice people post their work as they learn. And they ask questions. You are making requests of others as an alternative. I once requested an Excel spread sheet from Traderzones; I expected to load my data into it so the spread sheet could tell everyone the answers to the requests he was making of a lot of different people. Expectedly, I didn't get a spread sheet. He made more requests of me, instead. You have explained that you do not offer information to others. Recently, Hypostomus put up a chart of a volume measuring code. It was in the context of SCT. Several people explained to him his shortcomings. This may enable him to work through what he doesn't have straight. You suggest that the information you desire be given to you in a form that is oriented to your situation, circumstances and condition. You are in a state where your reading something 100 times doesn't change anything.

In this thread, I dumbed down the scope and bounds of PVT and SCT like the liberal arts owners of the popular business section jester oriented insert would do for a method they were revealing to the public. I also made it contemporary in terms of buys and sells. Since what I wrote didn't pass your test, my suggestion is for you to make a little more effort.

#26     Dec 9, 2009
  7. Now THAT gets at the essence of the Hershey method :D

#27     Dec 9, 2009
  8. eto

eto

Trendo, you are a funny guy :)
    I was ‘getting it’ ;) until I got to the fistulas word. …sorry that’s not plain english to me
    TraderZones, sisboombah, etc ... funny too.

#28     Dec 10, 2009
  9. eto

eto

for Items 2 – 5
    Jack, after reading that post, I’m seeing why you get more than your share of DSM, ‘almost DSM’, and ‘street DSM’ labels and attributions. :)

Some of your comments about me are uncannily accurate. Unfortunately, far too many are way, hopelessly, way off the mark. We can be at least be grateful for all that you were able to forgive…For curiosity mostly, many of the words and phrases I used were intentionally (and Art fully 5 ;) ‘s ) phase shifted in character and personality from me, so your reactions to some could be quite telling about which depths are really being fathomed – not that it matters.
    One possible lesson for all of us -We can use the internet to personally triumph over projection.

Anyways, thank you for the fairly long posts you wrote for the thread.
    However, I’m still thinking it’s possible you could have used the same time, energy, and ~ word count to write for us a plain english introduction to your body of work instead of discussing yet another ‘mental case’ and its relation to the paradigm…

Whew. Feels good to be back in full compliance with ET Rule #1

re Item 1

OK I will pass it forward by writing/publishing my own Hershey for PolokArtists. Due to the increased writing load cutting into my reading and lookup time, I will be initially using my own ‘artificial grammar’ for the terms and acronyms of SCT. However, I will try to use quotes from the reams of posts herein and elsewhere - hopefully, with proper credits given. Hopefully it will not take too long to develop – but I trade intraday and find it best to generally keep my total worldwideweb post count under 200 per year… so the pace may be far too slow for some.

More hopefully’s ( not that it matters)
    Hopefully, it will help many… but if it just helps one trader ‘transfer’ (or even just ‘translate’) that will be good enough for me.
    Hopefully, it will be accurate and not misleading to anyone or inadvertently diminish or bring any discredit to the paradigm.
    Hopefully, I will not have to request any corrections from anyone re the essence.
    Hopefully, some who apply the paradigm but don’t do “chit chat” will become aware of the thread and contribute as the original question is still in place.
    Hopefully, I will be able to keep it short and sweet – but at this time can’t pre – place any size limits on it. Most likely my posts to the thread will be redundant and consist of a lot of re-writes, especially at the beginning.
    Hopefully, once it becomes ‘medical model’ passing forward I will stop
    (… today’s medical model is just not Aesclepian enough for me – not that it matters.)

#29     Dec 10, 2009
  10. Is "fractal" the new "time frame?" It sounds so much more sophisticated.

#30     Dec 10, 2009