... like a Hershey for Dummies? Yes - but not quite

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by eto, Dec 7, 2009.

1. looks like you are already getting a simplified reply. . .

if you want additional reading, try this link . if you do take your time and look, there is a lot there posted for months now.

price volume.jh.spyder

#11     Dec 7, 2009
  2. These are the important parts of what you requested.

After spending some months spinning your wheels, you will realize why Hershey proponents become opponents.

[​IMG]

#12     Dec 8, 2009
  3. eto

eto

Stopped in to check the thread this morning and three pages already. Thanks folks And btw, this is not a Hershey for Dummies thread... it is like a Hershey for Dummies thread :)

The following could be taken the reason I started this thread...
    http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=179032&perpage=6&pagenumber=28

But it is NOT the reason for starting this thread. Granted, having current definitions and their contexts all in one place would be great. However I started this thread on the possibility that someone has a slightly different way of describing it. The 'elders' on Hershey may generously say it all again, but I still might not get it as a whole after a hundred readings!

So the request for a plain English / alternate perspective of the basic constructs of the ‘Hershey’ still resonates. Students telling me to study and study the volumes of content and illustrations published is a rehash of the ‘first mantra of obtusing’ seen from the center and from adherents in many posts already …
    Once I understand the constructs, then the onus IS entirely on me to dig back through all the posts and illustrations

This is not a judgment of their styles or personalities or a discounting of my own. From someone who is not on the same wavelength exactly but sees the merits of coming to an understanding of what ‘they’ are seeing and saying, it is simply a request for a translation.
    So I doubt my answers will come from the ‘elders’ of ‘Hershey’. I think my answers will come from those who are blessed to understand what ‘they’ are getting at in their posts, but also have a way of describing it from another aspect. If you can provide alternative explanations of the basic constructs of ‘Hershey’ it would be greatly appreciated. Then I can go into the generous contributions of the original proponents and begin to dig
    :) :) :)

#13     Dec 8, 2009
  4. Your first step in the process is to deal with the difference between "transfering" and "translating".

So you have a dilemma. The people who have done the work of transference did not go through a "translating" process.

Most who look at the paradigm reject it. Trader zones is an example of the rejection process. He follows the CW. You either drop the CW or quit the transference process.

You are in the process of quitting as you first create a dilemma.

When I suggest trading is like driving a car, some people reflect on how they learned to drive a car. Naturally, you will ask other students who learned in driving school for a translation, through their eyes, rather than your going to the driving school. You believe that you learned to drive by not going to driving school and that the higher cost of insurance is trivial. Good for you.

Here is the thing. we suggest that learning to learn is a critical thinking process. you probably feel by demonstrating you are not thinking critically, you get a jump start on not learning SCT. Let me confirm to you that you have achieved the jump start on not learning SCT. You are now at minus three.

When you skipped thinking about why and how we introduced SCT to those who wanted to learn to learn and learn to trade, you turned to inventing another learning approach instead. trader zones can tell you exactly what it is like to opoerate as a person who is smarter than what he is skipping learning about.

TZ needs, from anyone, PROOF on his terms (which are simply the sales tools ways of getting customers in platforms, software, brokerages, funds and mutual funds.

the current vogue of Anything for Dummies is a great marketing gimmick. Cliff Notes took care of business for some kinds of students as well.

Read Covel's "Trend Following", subtitled: "How Great traders Make Millions in Up or Down Markets" to find out how a writer spent 8 years on a "hazardous journey". Try especially to find the hazards.

I am the last person to help you out, as you say. Thank you.

#14     Dec 8, 2009
  5. In that place you mention, there is a reference and in it a comment:

"Spydertrader. My experience attempting to trade NQ with channels is that when it works it works spectacularly well. But also that it didn't work that well often enough to make money consistently. The difficulties I found were that all too often an FTT isn't (a higher high or lower low follows), a better entry often follows a right side breakout, and that drawing channels obscures the perception of the fundamentals that higher lows make an uptrend and lower highs make a downtrend, regardless of what the highs are doing in an uptrend and the lows are doing in a downtrend. Often I think I see the method being faded because it is so widely advocated. But I do look forward to your tutorial and possibly learning the error of my ways. Best regards. Mike."

Mike is Hypostomus, now known by a two word alias FS. He is working on the fastest fractal he can find to continue to invent stuff. The quote is about three years old.

What would have been like for Mike to follow the 2007 thread which set out the learning steps and their drills? You found out because you ID'ed people who did it and you want their translations.

Mike wants to learn his errors (the ways of). Now, he has three years in on it and Spyder took the trouble to circle his current errors yesterday.

#15     Dec 8, 2009

6. If you want to dig for clams in the desert, then he is your camel. In a nutshell, he is:

-- excessively long on words, complexity, confusion, excuses, rambling, leaving/reappearing on ET because he has found nothing else in life to fill his void, and similar etc.

-- excessively short on proof, evidence and everything else to do with serious trading. He has probably run away from at least 100 direct requests from many on ET over the last few years of proof that his rickety and confounded stuff works.

His encyclopedic compendium of noise is as revolutionary as the invention of nose-picking and fingernail-biting.

One might say, his accomplishments are equivalent to leading the league in nostril hair.

#16     Dec 8, 2009
  7. Then how do you recognize the wisdom?

#17     Dec 8, 2009
  8. trendo

trendo

Can you give example(s) of the wisdom in his posts? Do you have evidence that his method is viable? Have you looked at other methods?

#18     Dec 8, 2009
  9. In AZ, desert clams go under the name Rocky Mtn oysters. One of our nicer clubs has a red rug with white testicals interspersed. Its the Mountain Oyster Club; the annual western art sale is under way.

We pack here with llamas; camels are passe once they are tapped for their oysters.

I thought about the OP's dilemma after the clam digging invitation.

As miraculus as it may be; do the opposite of logging using a simple check off sheet. Think of clams as FTT's. For fresh water you simply follow the footprints until you come to the clam. Salt water clams are desert dwellers to but they live at high elevations of saltwater. they are raked in when they blow bubbles, instead.

The OP should make up a treasure hunt sheet for ftt's where the last row is the ftt he can't find.

A channel ftt treasure hunt sheet is about 135 lines long. You pass by 3 traverse ftt's, 9 tape ftt's and 27 BBT ftt's and 81 sub ftt's. You also get to see the CW BO's of RTL's.

so by setting up a "looking for" list and appraoching it as a WMCN drill, a person can find all the clams he wants in no time. Point 3's are like the saltwater bubbles. You could get a VE bubble next and have to rake up an M1 then and M2 occasionally.

If clams were oyster, ftt's would be their pearls. Do they make left handed oyster knives like they make left handed hoof trimming knives???

How can a person tell when the overlap of trends begins? He looks at a faster fractal to see the end of the third price move on that fractal. How can you tell the end of the third price move? Isn't it after increasing volume in the move. Doesn't every move have increasing volume to continue the move?

Lets say you are a PhD in physics and you have statistical mechanics down cold. what tranformations do you use to pick off 0 acceleration? What is equilibrium after all?

TZ's pearls are strewn all over the place.

We need a "looking for" list to check off the order of events.......

Clamming is a drill.

#19     Dec 8, 2009
  10. To the thread starter. If you are not an alias of Jack Hershey or his meager handful of diehard newbies, then this last post should perhaps convince you of his (lack of any) wisdom.

#20     Dec 8, 2009