Lightweight LCD display device as second monitor

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Bolimomo, Feb 3, 2011.

1. Thanks for your suggestion shfly. I often travel in Asian cities. Don't really want to spend the time to look up the local rentals.

#11     Feb 12, 2011
  2. #12     Feb 12, 2011
  3. Thanks for the suggestion dtrader98. Yes I have a few of those. USB-to-VGA (and one to DVI).

I am after the actual LCD monitor itself. I have been bringing a couple of Samsung 22"/23" monitors to my trips. They are light, but still... >10 lb each. So 20+ lb added to my luggage. I am hoping to find something lighter.

#13     Feb 12, 2011
  4. #14     Feb 12, 2011
  5. Thank you both for the suggestions, dtrader98 and addias342. I should look into the details. I will be okay without a base. I can have some MacGyver kind of solutions to holding the monitor straight up. Looks like the newer LED mons are slimmer than the LCDs.

#16     Feb 12, 2011
  6. jumper

jumper

I used to ship a monitor to the hotel that I was staying at. At the end of the trip, I would ship it back home. Saves the hassle of lugging it back and forth. If it's worth the trouble of lugging, then the cost of shipping shouldn't be a problem.

#17     Feb 12, 2011
  7. easymon1

easymon1

8. Thanks for the suggestion, jumper. Haven't thought of that. This is definitely a viable option.

#19     Feb 14, 2011
  9. What you posted are interesting, easymon1. Thanks. They showed a small connector to connect to the LCD screen.

I think what else is needed, is a video card (that will buffer up the bitmap image and generate whatever the signals are needed to light up the LCD grid). The video card will take the input from the CPU.

#20     Feb 14, 2011