Lightspeed

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by LEAPup, Oct 6, 2010.

1. LEAPup

LEAPup

Anyone here using Lightspeed? Good, bad, ugly?

2. LEAPup

LEAPup

I posted this under s/w instead of brokers...:(

Anyhow, when calling Customer Service @ Lightspeed, I get a voice mail that sounds like a cell phone.

Technical support is the same deal. So strange...

Looks like I may be stuck with IB...:(

3. CEO_STI

CEO_STI

What do you find important?

4. LEAPup

LEAPup

Accurate data, and customer service that actually knows how to fix problems on their end without having to draw them a picture, and stand on one leg.

5. CEO_STI

CEO_STI

Well those are not their unique selling points. Once you are a customer they tend not always reply to e-mails. They advertise that their service is top notch but with that i disagree.

The data feed is very accurate, however the platform has some bugs and crashes sometimes. ( few times a month )

Their edge are the cost and the fills you get. Also you can customize about anything which is a plus. Very fast indeed, but unfortunately it's not the total package. I've been with IB myself so I can compare. If you're trading-style is more like a scalper where you scale in and out then Lightspeed can be a better choice regardless of some of their negative scores. They have a demo available to see the platform, if you haven't tried it yet i would recommend it.

Good luck

STI