Lightspeed vs. Interactive Brokers/IB

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by azzzy, Jan 1, 2009.

1. I believe that "greek" is not who he claims to be. Notice that he claims to have been trading thru IB for 5 years, yet as of right now, this is the only posting he has ever made on Elite Trader.

#31     Jan 25, 2009
  2. rjiecs

rjiecs

i'm also considering lightspeed and IB

lightspeed has better comish for me (for a particular product) but seems like they do not have something like DOM/Book Trader or "Single Click Trading"?

#32     Jan 28, 2009
  3. Mario66

Mario66

I have heard lightspeed was pretty good with the stock locates. What stock were you trying to short?

#33     Feb 4, 2009
  4. With IB, the buying power is not reduced based on open orders, rather based on filled orders. What about LS?

#34     Feb 4, 2009
  5. Tums

Tums

LOL

you think we were born yesterday?

#35     Feb 5, 2009
  6. i have been using lightspeed for a year and like it. i use to trade with assent, but after they closed our office, they wanted $100/month to trade remote. there is no fee with lightspeed. the only thing i do not like about lightspeed is that they do not have "one cancel other" orders. example: you have 300 shares long at 50 with a stop at 49.85. you put an offer (exit) at 50.25. the stock hits 50.25, you get out but your stop order is still live to sell at 49.85. if the stock drops back down to your stop price two hours later, and you forgot to cancel that order, it is still live and will sell (short) the stock. it has happened to me twice. the order needs to cancel itself when you don't have a position on anymore. i called lightspeed and they are working on it. if you look at IB, you can use ninjatrader, which has excellent order management. i was looking to switch over to IB, but there fees are too confusing for me. cancel fees, unbundled, bundled, 1.30 minium, what the f*%k? i don't get it. if someone explained it, maybe i would switch. but a this point, i am very comfortable with the lightspeed platform now. one tip for you, it took me a long time to figure out lightspeed stops. if you read their manual, it can take up to 30 seconds for their stop orders to work. that is way too long. after 6 months, i figured out that you can setup a custom order. i setup a buystop and sellstop order. you then use arcamarketcloseoutfull order. if the stock trades at your stop price, it immediately becomes a market order to exit entire position immediately. no delay.

#36     Jan 18, 2010
  7. J.P.

J.P.

Interesting. How much did they steal from you and what were the circumstances?

#37     Jan 19, 2010
  8. zdreg

zdreg

5 years is a long time to hang out with a bunch of thieves. my conclusion is that they must be honorable business people.

#38     Jan 19, 2010
  9. W208

W208

[Answering someone else's question...]
    In my case: a lot of bad fills trading CL. Execution allways took quite a while too.
    Now using Zenfire/NT. Very fast and seldom bad fills. And if they happen they're not as bad as IB's fills. (The slow updating chart was another disadvantage)

#39     Jan 21, 2010
  10. These guys are THIEVES. They always find ways to steal your $$$. ---- Would you mind to provide your examples?

#40     Jan 21, 2010