lightspeed VS interactive broker execution

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by stockboy201, May 16, 2009.

1. it means he is looking at it because he doesn't trust IB will execute when needed

where as before he didn't even have to look

#11     May 17, 2009
  2. It is not a "local" check, especially checks #2 & #3 must be done at the IB server. They are dealing with thousands of trades and wait for thousands of confirmations from exchanges about bid and ask values.

This sounds more of insurance during fast markets. They must wait for bid/ask confirmation from the exchange to execute an order. Sounds reasonable to me exspecially when they allow a 5% band around it. Most retail brokers stop executing oirders during very fast markets.

Dioda, IB is doing this to protect their business and maybe you from thinking you got a fill during fast markets. Very simple check that insures integrity of execution.

#12     May 17, 2009
  3. Dioda

Dioda

you are perhaps THE GREENEST lad on ET, you clearly show that you have a long way to go before you can compete with someone like me

What do you mean that retail brokers stop executing orders anyway on high volatility

ARE YOU INSANE or just very green ?

What do you mean BID/ASK check is reasonable. See The Chart Below

[​IMG]

• ib.jpg
      File size:
      46.6 KB
      Views:
    #13     May 17, 2009
  4. doli

doli

They love those wankers that enjoy trading with charts that take FIVE SECONDS to update.

#14     May 17, 2009
  5. Stefo

Stefo

you do have a point, some traders don't need speed though

I would just be happy with IB doing proper execution like all the other brokers

#15     May 17, 2009
  6. nephos

nephos

Dioda

It seems the behavior of the "Last" trigger method you described is in tune with what is published in the user manual.

http://www.interactivebrokers.com/e...nfiguretws/modify_the_stop_trigger_method.htm
    You could try "Last or Bid/Ask" instead and see if you get the behavior you want.
    It really depends on what is meant here with "or a single last price". If it's actually a single last price that has to be there then it will work. But if that's some reference to their "Last" trigger method described earlier then it won't work.

#16     May 17, 2009
  7. Stefo

Stefo

from experience when IB changed the rules I am getting more and more slippage

Why did IB change it ?

Why change what no other brokers had to change

Last price traded is last price traded PERIOD

#17     May 17, 2009
  8. So almost everyone's post is describing IB....

Listen, if you care about EXECUTIONS and want a more professional platform... go with Lightspeed... enough said.

#18     May 17, 2009
  9. def

def Sponsor

Dioda,
    how many aliases are you going to make to "protest" a stop trigger method?

For the record, the issue joesan had on his HK stops was due to conditional orders and we are modifying the logic which should solve his delay.

Furthermore, you keep making a huge issue of the trigger method but in other posts presumably by you under another alias, you mentioned that you only trade US futures in which the stop triggers are native to the exchange.

#19     May 17, 2009
  10. Dioda

Dioda

I will expose you and IB, I will even make a web site, Truth is only guilty of being truth nothing else

What is the definition of LAST for IB which is use, I use LAST

IB NEW definition for LAST

For a buy (sell) order to be triggered:

* One last price value must be greater than (less than) or equal to the trigger price

* The exchange or other market center where the order is to be executed must also publish (and the system must also receive) an ask price equal to or higher than, and a bid price equal to or lower than, the trigger price.

* Last must be within the bid/ask (i.e. >=bid and <= ask) or within leeway percentage outside the bid/ask (i.e. >=bid-0.5% of last and <=ask+0.5% of last)

* The Last method has leeway to trigger up to 0.5% above the ask price or up to 0.5% below the bid price. This 0.5% amount of leeway is subject to change at any time without notice.

[​IMG]

#20     May 17, 2009