Lightspeed vs IB

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by NJ1000, Jun 15, 2010.

1. NJ1000

NJ1000

Whats the better platform? Based on execution, commission rates etc.? thanks..

2. I'm about to choose between the two firms also. I actually prefer Lightspeed trading software, but when I called their customer service number today, it went unanswered and after many rings, gave a busy signal. WTH? Their "live chat" is unattended and it's regular business hours. I sure hope this doesn't occur if/when I'm having technical difficulties and need help.

IB, on the other hand, answered my call in a jif.

Anyone know what's going on with Lightspeed lately? It's been a few years since I used it.

3. Schonfeld making a killing.

4. I did a comparison between the two a while back and then a friend of mine mentioned Cobra Trading. In comparing the CobraIQ platform vs. IB and the customer service, it was a pretty easy choice. I can talk to Brandon and the guys at Cobra on IM and can always reach them within a ring or two. I like the personal service and they were willing to seriously negotiate commissions to what I needed. I don't know what your major need is, but I found what I wanted in their platform, service and pricing. Feel free to PM me if you want any more info from my search.

5. Lightspeed had a phone outage earlier today.

I have accounts at both IB and Lightspeed. Both have pretty bad customer service but IB is probably worse.

Lightspeed is much better platform for equity trading.

I like IBs universal account.